cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charleston SC

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
This isnโ€™t a camping question but I wasnโ€™t sure where I should post this. My wife wants to go to Charleston SC next May for here birthday but not to camp. I was wondering if anyone has been there and where would be a good place to stay and be in walking distance to see the sights, shop and of course eat. Thanks for the help.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
7 REPLIES 7

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
JICP has some cabins.
-jbh-

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love Charleston, so rich in history. We visited a couple of plantations and southern mansions. Did the various tours including the horse drawn carriage tours and great eating. Would go back in a minute given the chance. Don't have recommendations on where to stay non-RV.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bears Den said he isn't camping.

We stay at a Hampton Inn in Mt. Pleasant right across the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. At this point you would be very close to Patriot's Point if interested in visiting the Yorktown. I believe there is a ferry that goes from that area to Fort Sumter as well. Driving into Charleston from there is not that big of a deal.

If money is no issue, try staying at Two Meeting Street Inn.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ladson KOA is a dump. Its only redeeming value is it close to Charleston. The KOA in Mt. Pleasant is great. James Island County Park is good too. Another place thatโ€™s good is Oak Plantation Campground.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots to see and do there. I put 450+ miles on our Smart car there in 1 week. Lots of good food places to. James Island is hard to get into I stayed at Ladson KOA. It wasn't much but right by the interstate and 5-10 min to downtown. We had a really good time there.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Take the trailer and stay at James Island County Park. You'll love it.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Try to go a little sooner -- early or mid-April when the flowers are blooming at the gardens a few miles outside Charleston. Do a google search for the best time

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos