cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadian Maritimer Question

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
For those snowbirds heading south from the Canadian Maritimes, where do you usually stop night 1 and 2? Do you stay in the RV? Pull into a motel?

Thanks in advance.
S
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS
5 REPLIES 5

ggmac
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I am from Moncton left Jan 4th just ahead of another storm stayed in Sturbridge Mass At a chain motel (pet friendly as we travel with dog).Ran into some bad weather in Penn stayed at Comfort inn near Roanoke VA second night. Were going to stay in RV the next night in Georgia the next night but temp was in the low teens F So stayed in a Holiday Inn. The trip before this we only used Motels the first 2 nights then De winterized VA.You have to be careful if it is cold putting out slides as sometimes the weather strips can be damaged.We also had a problem putting out out bedroom slide one time we have a washer in that slide and putting the slid in and out caused the flexible drain hose to break at one of the fittings.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
new brunswick wrote:
Hello I'm NB and leave first part of Nov my first stop is Lewiston
Maine I park behind Ramada Inn (easy on off) they have electric hookup
fee $10.00 and use of their facilities, second night I stop at Flying J exit 52 in PA I81 then 3rd night Flying J Kenly North Carolina I95.
Hope this helps Joe

Thanks Joe. That's the info I was looking for. I know the Ramada you refer to. I wonder if they keep the RV lot area plowed in January.

Are you down south now?

S
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

new_brunswick
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I'm NB and leave first part of Nov my first stop is Lewiston
Maine I park behind Ramada Inn (easy on off) they have electric hookup
fee $10.00 and use of their facilities, second night I stop at Flying J exit 52 in PA I81 then 3rd night Flying J Kenly North Carolina I95.
Hope this helps Joe

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm not from the maritimes but...

...We stay in our RV and used 2L bottles of tap water to 'flush' (a little bit of liquid in the black tank isn't going to freeze while we're heating the rig). Paper plates to eat. We unwinterize when the daytime temperature gets above 0C.

We have a generator and that helps a lot as we dry-camp in Flying J's and Walmarts.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Well we're from Quebec, not the Maritimes, however we travel into the Pennsylvania area and stayovernight at one of the big chain hotels, ie Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn; they are usually easy access and accommodating. We then travel further south and de-winterize in Virginia.