cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California state parks

dgaln
Explorer
Explorer
When I'm checking out Cal. state park campgrounds, camp sites are listed as "Standard". I am aware that California abhors FHU sites; is "Standard" sites include electricity and water? I'm checking state park beaches in the Fort Bragg, CA area: I'm aware that it's impossible to have sewage hu's near the ocean.
5 REPLIES 5

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Standard vs premium usually has to do with view or proximity to an attraction such as beachfront or lakefront etc.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There are many excellent county parks in California that have hookups.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what bikendan said. We park hosted at Emma Wood State Beach in Ventura, CA for 5 years and there is nothing, did I say nothing in the way of amenities, except for a beautiful ocean view. In Ventura county there are a couple of small county parks right on the ocean with hookups, Hobson & Faria. Rincon has no hookups of any kind either. Look at www.rvparkreviews.com for most CA state parks, a lot of them are listed.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
dgaln wrote:
When I'm checking out Cal. state park campgrounds, camp sites are listed as "Standard". I am aware that California abhors FHU sites; is "Standard" sites include electricity and water? I'm checking state park beaches in the Fort Bragg, CA area: I'm aware that it's impossible to have sewage hu's near the ocean.

They will specifically say if they have electricity. If you go to ReserveAmerica you can filter on sites with electricity. I am pretty sure if they have electricity, they will have water, too. Sewer is less common.

Standard means RVs can use them (with length restrictions), as opposed to 'tent only' sites.

I do know a CG near me (Pismo Beach) that has a service truck that comes around to empty/fill tanks. I assume this is an enterprising (and brave) local person. I wonder if other CGs have this.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
dgaln wrote:

Standard means picnic table and fire pit.

less than 1 percent of California state park campsites have any hookups. most of those few are electric/water.
nearly all of those that have any hookups, are reserved 6 months in advance.

the reality is if you want to camp in California State Parks, you have to dry camp.
and many of their State Beaches no longer have dump stations.

we used to live in California and camped in the state parks mainly, for 30 years.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes