Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big South Fork - Brandy Creek CG -- TN

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I will post this to

This is a review of Brandy Creek campground located at the Big South Fork National River and Recreational area near the border of Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia. Not Brandy Creek located in California. The campground is remote, quiet, clean, private and somewhat big rig friendly. We camped in a 36-foot 5th wheel during the weekend of the spring planning Festival. Even during this busy part of the camping season there were empty campsites. There only a few 50-amp service campsites and only one of four areas that has electricity. The washrooms are clean - showers has lots a hot water. The water is obviously softened because it takes a long time to wash off the soap. Big South Fork is one of the top destinations for the horse trails in the Southeast. More than half the trailers in the electrical area were long horse trailers. The horse stables are about a mile from the campground. There are no first come first serve sites you need to make a reservation. Big South Fork is one of the better dark-skies areas in the southeast. It is also a top destination for Whitewater canoes. Big South Fork is one of the very few parks in the National Park system which allow dogs complete free access to all the trails and even the buildings as long as they are on a leash.

Now for the bad, the โ€œParkโ€ is very big, one of the largest in the southeast this means often an hour-long drive on winding roads to reach an interesting hiking trail head. The entrance from the east from Oneida Tennessee Highway 297 is one of the steepest in the southeast. It is a 13% grade with four switchbacks; however, at the foot of this canyon is one of the prettiest rivers in the southeast.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

OldF__t
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
OldF**t wrote:
Actually it is Bandy Creek without the "r".

Bandy Ceek?

https://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/bandycreekcampground.htm
Jim
2021 Grand Design 303RLS
2019 Ford F350 DRW LB CC

dedmiston
OldF**t wrote:
Actually it is Bandy Creek without the "r".

Bandy Ceek?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

OldF__t
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it is Bandy Creek without the "r". Stayed there several times when I lived in TN. Great campground with lots of hiking available. If you have a big rig enter from the west. Coming in from the east you have a steep descent down to the river with tight switchbacks and the same going up the other side to the campground.
Jim
2021 Grand Design 303RLS
2019 Ford F350 DRW LB CC

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at a South Fork CG for 2 weeks last summer, it was in Colorado tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper