cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grey's River Boondocking (and fishing)

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
I’m going to Grand Teton NP in mid Sept (coming from So Calif). Looking for scenic, remote place to stop for a couple days on the way. Will be in 35 ft class A with toad). Don’t need hook ups, just a flat spot with reasonably good dirt road (would love spot where I could walk to good fishing). On Google maps, I see Bridge and Forks campgrounds south of Alpine on road 10138. Are these decent base camps for a couple days of fishing? Another option would be to camp somewhere along 89 (Thayne?) and drive car to Grey’s/Murphy Creek area. Suggestions?
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV
2 REPLIES 2

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the Warren Bridge CG (Where Green River crosses 191) and surrounding area looks like a good boondocking and fishing area. May try that on the way home for a day or two.

Still looking for someone who's driven a class A along the Greys River road. e.g. Moose Flat CG and Murphy Creek CG look interesting on Google maps. Lots of little spurs near the river that look like good spots to set up camp.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know a good spot on 189 not 89, you'd have to backtrack part way to Pinedale to the Green River bridge. Turn left (east). There is excellent boondocking in designated BLM sites all along the river to the east. Right on the Green River for the most part. Lots of Fishermen.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper