cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Better in Asheville NC, Wilsons or Bear Creek?

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google earth shows them both up against an interstate hwy. Is one quieter than the other? Other than that which one do you prefer?
Thanks for any input.
Puma 30RKSS
9 REPLIES 9

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
If simply looking for a place to sleep while exploring the area the fairgrounds have fhu at a good price. Reliable WIFI too
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Lake Powhatan. Good size lots and plenty of trails. You're also near the arboretum.

Definite thumbs up to the Moose Cafe and the farmers' market.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Google earth shows them both up against an interstate hwy. Is one quieter than the other? Other than that which one do you prefer?
Thanks for any input.

Between Asheville and Black Mountain is Mama Gerties. 3 levels of RV camping...the highest level has great views of the Blue Ridge Mtns. Not far off I40 and convenience stores...but very quiet. Full hook ups.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Booked Bear Creek because the RV sites at lake Powhatan were booked for the dates we needed. Turns out the standard electric sites don't have water at every site. Oddly they have 15/30/50 in the standard electric sites. Thanks for the input everybody.
We will get to Powhatan in the future, looks beautiful.
Puma 30RKSS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our all-time favorite campground in the Asheville area is the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area in the Pisgah National Forest. It's only a few minutes away from most Asheville attractions, and the paved full hookup sites on the Lakeside Loop are among the most spacious sites we've found anywhere. And the park is very quiet! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Bear Creek. Depending on how well your rig is insulated road noise could be an issue. We stayed one time when we had our previous rig that was not the best on keeping the noise out. Still, it wasn't that bad and I still got to sleep. Location is really convenient and by all means go to the Moose Cafรฉ.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mama Gerties, just outside of Asheville, very nice but steep climb to the campsites.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bear Creek. Wilson's is right on the road and doesn't have an easy entrance.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
I can't compare because never stayed at Wilson's but we like Bear Creek. Noise is not an issue. I don't think I ever heard interstate noise. BTW, Moose Cafe just up the road from it is awesome. We also enjoy the farmer's market.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X