Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

When did boondocking become weird?

I always thought RVs were supposed to be self-sufficient; that they had water tanks and generators and waste tanks so that you could use them to go camping wherever you wanted and be independent. Now, apparently that's so oddball that it requires a l...

Lombard, Illinois

We have an event in Lombard, Illinois in June. We've stayed at Leisure Lakes which is near Joliet in the past. I would love to get closer to Lombard but I can't find a campground closer than 45 minutes. Am I missing something?

Ohio State Parks and Passport America - no more

Many Ohio State Parks used to honor Passport America members from Sunday to Thursday and gave a 50% discount. However, this arrangement appears to have been cancelled. The Passport America website no longer lists the formerly participating Ohio State...

VE3ESN by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground near Windsor, CT

In early July (after 4th of July) I will be in the area of Windsor, CT for a week (Sunday through Saturday) and need a place to park my motorhome. I am not finding anything really close. All the campgrounds seem to be about 30 miles away or so. I ...

Post Oak Park (Copan Lake), OK

OK, need your help again. Looking to stay at Post Oak Park (Copan Lake) OK, a COE park. From what I can find the park looks OK, but can't seem to find any reviews of RVReviews or else where. I've tried a coupe of combinations of the name with no luck...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Let's talk about NEXT wintah!

SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) has spoken. Next wintah we're bailing out of Maine the day after Christmas and heading South. Someplace reasonably warm. Cold snaps aren't a concern, just no more snow drifts blocking the doors. Prefer the East coas...

flordia snow birds heading north

i live in Mt. Airy, NC and travel south on I77 on Monday's. I am only on I77 for 50 miles or so. Today I spotted at least 50 RV's heading north. Most were motor homes. Anyone left in FL??

Bourbon Trail vs Whiskey Trail

Want to spend a week or so camping and checking out a "bourbon trail". Which would you recommend, Kentucky or Tennessee? We don't really know the difference between good vs bad bourbon/whiskey, but think the tour of the trail could be interesting.Whi...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Destin Fl.

We are going to Destin for the 5th time in April. We will be at Henderson Beach State Park for 14 days. We have done Pensacola, both the fort and the Navel museum. We don't need a lot to do but if some of you have any ideas it would be very helpful. ...

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

BLM information

I'm not pushing the right buttons----I'm trying to access BLM campground information. The BLM site is vague to me, or I'm missing something. Is there a site that I can gain information about BLM camping? Thanks-----

RV Parks around Moab and Kanab Utah

We are making our final plans to visit southern Utah this September. We will be leaving Maryland the Tuesday after Labor Day and expect to take 6 days getting to Moab. After taking 2-3 days visiting Arches and Canyon Land NPs, we will move aver to K...