cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air & Space Museum in DC to Close

One of the most popular museums on DC National Mall will close to the public beginning March 28, 2022. The National Air & Space Museum will close to complete much needed renovations to interior galleries through the fall of 2022.

Those planning trips to DC in Spring/Summer 2022 will need to visit Air & Space Udvar/Hazy at Dulles Airport in VA instead. Still my favorite museum.

Though there is no admission charge to the museum, there is a parking fee as technically Udvar/Hazy in on Dulles Airport property. Including more than ample bus parking toward the far end of the lot.
6 REPLIES 6

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
An air museum I really enjoyed was the Military Aircraft Preservation Society (MAPS) Museum in Canton, Ohio - many of their planes are open so you can "try them on for size"...

And the museum at Hill AFB in Utah was pretty nice also...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I was disappointed with the Mall A&S museum. I prefer our local museum in McMinnville, OR that has the Spruce Goose and an SR71. By the way, there is a really nice RV park within walking distance. Didn't have time on our DC agenda to tour Dulles.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
B-29 Boxcar is at Dayton, Air Force Museum.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
May want to change the title of this to read โ€œto temporarily closeโ€ no need for shock reporting here!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
The Dulles museum is worth the trip just to see the Enola Gay.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I found the mall museum was lacking along with the airport one. Yes, there are some displays that are good. Airport museum crowds aircraft to the point you can not view them.
If you want good aviation museum go to the Wright-Paterson Air Force museum.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker