cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah

Jessie2F
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to tow our 25 foot TT on a trip from Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah and would appreciate any suggestions on the best route(s) that are not all simply freeway driving and sites that would be worth visiting on the way. If there are recommendations on RV parks for that trip, that would also be gratefully accepted.

Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Tom/Barb: OP would like to avoid interstates!

Post one says ""and would appreciate any suggestions on the best route(s) that are not all simply freeway driving ""

Spanish Fork to Moab isn't freeway.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Tom/Barb: OP would like to avoid interstates!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
The way we go, is freeway 90/82/84/15 all the way to Spanish Fork Ut. then #6/89/191 south to Moab.

It is the quickest.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Jessie2F wrote:
We are looking to tow our 25 foot TT on a trip from Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah and would appreciate any suggestions on the best route(s) that are not all simply freeway driving and sites that would be worth visiting on the way. If there are recommendations on RV parks for that trip, that would also be gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

Not much on directions from your part of the Country but this may help for Moab - 4runnerguy's info on Moab

While in Moab be sure to drive RT 128 along the Colorado River - Just Beautiful.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
What time of the year are you are going and where will you cross into the US.
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well we did a lot of that in reverse back in June. I suggest you run over to Lewiston and get on 95 south. Nice road, very scenic. Once you get to McCall there are several ways to go. We took 58 down to Banks then across the Banks-Lowman road and up to Stanley and Challis. Then Arco and Pocatello. From there there are a number of routes including I15 south and I 70 east. But you can stick to secondary roads too. This is not the direct route but it has scenary.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some areas you are stuck with Interstate.
I would suggest I-90 to Vantage, pick up WA 26 east to Colfax, south into Lewiston. Pick up US 12 in North Lewiston, east to US 95 to Boise, ID.
I-84 to Twin Falls, ID. South on US 93 to Wells, NV. East on I-80 to Salt Lake south on I-15 to US 6 and US 191, Follow it into Moab.
Not the fastest but better then staying on the interstates all the way.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker