cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot Springs, AR to Tucson, AZ

Robert_Allen
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best route from Hot Springs, AR to Tucson, AZ in a class A gas motorhome. I am in no hurry but do like most of the interstates. I would be leaving Hot Springs, AR in the middle od December. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
They all work but some have nicer scenery. West of Dallas, I like Hwy 180 through Carlsbad to El Paso, with the wonderful view of Guadalupe Peak. The road is about as fast as the interstate with much less traffic. After El Paso, you will be on I-10.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Take any of the interstates to get to Tucson, they all work.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only 2 logical choices are taking either 40 or 30 out of AR. 30 to 20 to 10 is the shortest and the one that gets you South as fast as possible.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Simplest way is I-30 to I-635 on east side of Dallas, at I-635 drop down to I-20, and then I-20 to I-10 to Tucson. Do Dallas area mid day or weekend and you shouldnโ€™t have any problem.
Mid December rarely a weather problem across north Texas.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also come back 1st of December so we will know what it really going to be like. We had a hot and a lot of wind this summer which usually means a cold hard winter.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
i'd want to get south as fast as possible in December. I-30 to Texarkana and then, depending on weather and local road conditions, either I-49 all the way south to Iโ€“10 or stay on I-30 to Dallas then I-20 and on to I-10.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle