cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fog, accident on I-95 SB below Florence, SC this a.m.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We're headed north, but saw an accident about 10 am today 12/23, about 25+ miles south of Florence. Southbound traffic backed up about seven miles. Multiple flashing blue lights on the scene, appeared to be one or more vehicle had rolled over down into the center highway divider ravine.

Use caution - the fog has been heavy through GA and SC all morning, no signs of sun to break it up.
4 REPLIES 4

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Chrisatthebeach wrote:
Fog still hanging even now here. Have to drive back to Beaufort from Charleston in a little while, will be a slow trip.

Take Rt 17, much better drive and much less traffic!!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Hey, y'all drive real careful now. We don't want anybody's Christmas messed up by family tragedies, y'hear? Fog on the mountain be serious business.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Fog still hanging even now here. Have to drive back to Beaufort from Charleston in a little while, will be a slow trip.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
That section of I95 thru SC is the worst of 95 from Florida to Virginia. Rough pavement and two lanes. Always sorry to see accidents anywhere. Early morning fog has been pretty bad in the Tampa area lately but is usually lifting by 8 or 9 at the latest.

Also watch out for wrong way drivers at night down here. We have had a bunch of fatal accidents this year on 75 and I4 with drunk drivers going the wrong way at night.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂