Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I-59 Birmingham to Tennessee

Several years ago we took I-59 from Chattanooga south to I-20. The road was so rough we left the hiway and took secondary roads on to Birmingham. Is I-59 still terrible or has it been repaired? Thanks for any info!

ljhl by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

AG inspections coming into US at hwy 97 (Oroville)

Be aware that they are doing an Ag search of all RVs heading into the US at the highway 97 crossing. They will collect any produce that does not have what they consider proper documentation. Best to be light on veggies/fruits when crossing this bor...

I95 at SC Border

On Saturday we will be headed to Charleston. My question is this.The NCDOT website seems to show I95 open from I74 south (I95 Exit 13)to the SC border. We would be headed down I74 east, hitting I95, then going I95 south.Anyone who can confirm that I9...

Great river road

Thinking of doing the great river road in late sept and oct. need suggestions and advice. Will be in a class A 36 foot towing a car. What not to miss and what to avoid. Where to stay and so forth.

blknomad by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

condition of roads in NC, SC due to Florence

Friends are driving to Myrtle Beach this coming Sunday. Looking for information as to the best route to take in view of the flooding of I 95, I 40 and Rt 501. Anyone made the trip? Any suggestions on how to get up to date info on road conditions? ...

Ft Collins to Laramie WY

Out of Ft. Collins I see a road by the name of 287. It diagonals to Laramie. Or, I can take I-25 up to Cheyenne and then I-80 over to Laramie. 25 to 80 would probably be faster, but fast isn't what I'm looking for. A Pretty scenic drive ranks bett...

teeznu by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping in Jasper area last two weeks of Septembe

We are to be in the Jasper area around September 20th. I have a 37 foot fifth wheel and have camped in Whistler campground before. I’ve never been in Wapiti but it says it’s open for winter camping whereas Whistler is closed on the 30th. Anyone campe...

Newport Or to Crater lake, avoiding I-5

Hi, in Sept my wife and I will be visiting the OR coast and then heading back to AZ with a stop at Crater lake. I want to see more of OR than just driving on I-5, so I would like some suggestions for a scenic route that let us see more of Or. I am ...

The Early Days

No self-serve. Someone stood behind the counter then turned around and fetched items from stock."Dame doscientos grammos de arroz" (200 grams of rice)"Blanquillos, seis" (six eggs)"Aceite comistible" (cooking oil)And be prepared to hear "No hay" (no ...

Bar Harbor, ME to Savannah, GA

HI- we need help with our route from Bar Harbor to Savannah. Has anyone taken I 95 or any other suggestions. One of my concerns is going through New York. We have 30 days  to make the trip so we can do another route. thanks

rav by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes