cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
278 REPLIES 278

mayors, we are thinking of a trip to New Mexico this summer. Any tips or suggestions?

I don’t have anything for New Mexico. We to are just starting out with a new RV. 

Joeshmo1
Explorer
Explorer

My 1st time here, however I'm a full-time Camper on my own lot in Gulf County Florida just 9.8 miles from Mexico Beach ️ 

Enjoying every opportunity the area provides. 

To live here full-time in Gulf County Florida on your own land you must have a permit for Electric, Water & Sewer.

Everything must be installed by a Licensed contractor to pull the permits and do the work.

Ask me anything & I'll be glad to help you out 

E597283
Explorer
Explorer

First question....did all my prior posts and history with RV.net now get wiped out? I tried logging on with that user name and password and it would accept it.

I am from Massachusetts and have a 2014 Bounder 34B.  We travel up and down east coast but our home campground is Normandy Farms in Foxboro MA.

Hello! 

I can help with your RV.net Account. What was your original username? 

It was Pcronin68.  I have tried logging on using rv.net signon and it didn't work

Flintroc
Explorer
Explorer

Just bought our very first travel trailer! Excited to take delivery once Mother Nature decides winter is actually over. We tented for a while and always said, if you’re in a drought, send us camping. It’ll surely rain!

Weyrick57
Explorer II
Explorer II

We are Ben & Dee Sanders.  We travel with a 26' Cougar Wildcat with our 2 dogs, Meadow and Darwin and our cat Touchet (toushy). 

We have recently returned from a 10,000 mile tour of Western Canada, and most recently a 8,900 mile tour of Western Arizona, California, Oregon and now home on the Olympuc Penidula in Washington.  

We are preparing for another Tour of Eastern Canada this summer.  Good Sam has been helpful and useful during all our excursions.

I am seeking advice on portable inverter protocols after installing a 200ah lithium as my rv battery at the tongue.   I purchased a 2000w inverter (4 cables) and want to clip to the bsttery when emergency ac power is necessary and then plug in my rv power cord in it.

I have already tried a test and it apoeared to work as outlets powered up, lights, fans, etc.  I shut it down to make sure I was not making a mistake using this process before tsking off for parts unknown.

Ben

Our names are Gary and Paula from Colorado. Wow, we just bought us a toy hauler and have yet to enjoy our first journey. So with that being said we are new to Good Sam’s. We plan to do some traveling similar to your type of excursions. If you have time can you tell me what apps assisted you the most? We are finding that between our Keystone Fusion and everything about modern technology that comes with RVing it’s like learning another language. lol. Any help would be appreciated. 

I use RV trip Master for trip planning. Been using it for about five years. It is a subscription service but well worth it

Thank you we will dig into that App. Any gas apps that help?

To both Gene and Gary,  We have been RVing for many decades.  Some years we put in more miles than others. We are getting some years on us and admit I am not as up to speed on the latest technology as many others posting here. I have been using the Good Sam Trip planner for many years and have had good success using it. If you get right down to it, it's a paid subscription too, Good Sam membership is required.   Per Gary's suggestion, I'm going to have a look at RV trip master. 

As far as apps go, besides the Trip planning apps, If you are towing with a later truck, lots of stuff out there thats blue tooth compatible. I am setting up a TireMinder, Smart tire pressure monitoring system in the coming days. Monitoring tire pressure is essential. A RV trailer tire coming apart can cause all sorts of damage. Always been a believer in "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".  However, the system doesn't to much for a total, catastrophic blowout.  That can happen so fast that by the time the system lets you know, the damage may already have occurred. Just food for thought. 

All sorts of great ideas on this message board. 

Yeah I have heard a lot about the Tire Minder. As I’m finding out as time goes a long, the real expense of RVing isn’t purchasing the rig the real expense is buying everything I need to RV comfortable and safe in our Fuzion. lol. Thank you for the tips. 

Hi I'd go with a 280 amp-hour LI--but only if you won't be using it below -20 C

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

RealR
Explorer
Explorer

good day all.

as a new Good Sam member I would like to introduce myself. My name is Real Robichaud and my wife Marie-Claude Loisel. We have two little dogs, Harley and Rocksy that travel with us in our 2022 Thor Ace motor home. We are currently traveling in Florida and are planning on stopping in Memphis and Nashville before returning home in Fredericton New Brunswick, Canada. Looking for to possibly meeting fellow members on our adventures. Regards