cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator Interior fan ?

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking for a cooling compartment fan for my Norcold . It seems to allways have some condensate along the top of the fresh food compartment & I had to replace the light fixture the other day because of this.
All I have found are the battery powered ones but I want to hardwire. Am I going to just have to get a 12v fan & southern engineer it in ?
12 REPLIES 12

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
X5 CPU fan because they are ball bearing not sleeve fans. I have one inside my 24 volt freon refer and all 120 freezers. Reduces cold spot freezer burn. 2 watts 40mm

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
I use the 3 fan setup from RvCoolingUnit in my Norcold and what a difference from before having them. No ice build up on the fins and helps keep the interior cooler circulating the air.

Readings from the battery display 12vdc power consumption with led light & 3 fans is .5a, 2 fans .2-.3a
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Condensate at the top of the cooling compartment.
Check your manual for an "Enviorment" switch. this is actually a small heater (Does bad thigns on my dometic That might also work.

But My Fans seem to be helpign big time. Earlier post describes them (From RvCoolingUnit
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
small computer fan

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
Interior fridge fans do not need to be powerful. They actually increase the heat load that must be sucked out, the more powerful the fan the more heat it generates.

I use a discontinued 0.03 amp Sunon Maglev 40mm x 20mm 6.3 cfm fan in my small compressor fridge, and it has run 24/7/365 since October 2012.

Huge difference in interior temp range. was 22f to 44f inside without fan, and is within 4 degrees F with it, and I use a lower thermostat setting. I tapped into the light's circuit before its reed switch.

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Crushedstang50 wrote:
I had a few old tower computers laying around. I pulled the fans out of those and put two behind the fride and one inside on a switch connected to the 12v light wire. Works wonderful and cost nothing.

Those computer fans work well, and cheap.

Crushedstang50
Explorer
Explorer
I had a few old tower computers laying around. I pulled the fans out of those and put two behind the fride and one inside on a switch connected to the 12v light wire. Works wonderful and cost nothing.
2007 Keystone Outback 23rs
2016 Ford F150 Platinum. Max tow, 6.5 bed, 3.5 ecoboost

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
I have been looking for a cooling compartment fan for my Norcold . It seems to allways have some condensate along the top of the fresh food compartment & I had to replace the light fixture the other day because of this.
All I have found are the battery powered ones but I want to hardwire. Am I going to just have to get a 12v fan & southern engineer it in ?

I have one of the ones that mount to the fins along with one of the battery powered ones and find the battery one place in an upper shelf right at the front does the best. That location allows air to be circulated helped by the space on the door bins. Two "D" cell batteries last over a month of continuous use so it's not that costly to use.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Fridge is a Dometic but..... I use THE one DPGLG linked to. I've not had a light issue or moisture where it would bother the light but it does cut down on frost on the fins.. BIG TIME.

One thing I did different from teh directions. Instructions say to run the power lead out the drip tube.. I just ran it over to the door light on my Dometic and hooked in before the switch.. Works great

dpgllg wrote:
Here is one from RV Cooling Warehouse but it is expensive:

RV Cooling Warehouse Fan

Here is a less expensive one on eBay:
eBay fan

I bought mine off of eBay and it has a switch to turn it on and off and is hardwired into 12v wiring on back of frig.

Good luck!

Dave
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Hard drive cooling fan with the two fan wired in series. Nice and quiet and clips onto the shelf. No need to mount on the cooling fins. All you need is a little circulation. Run it off of the 12 volt light wires.

RIchard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My battery fan runs more than a month on two D cells.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one from RV Cooling Warehouse but it is expensive:

RV Cooling Warehouse Fan

Here is a less expensive one on eBay:
eBay fan

I bought mine off of eBay and it has a switch to turn it on and off and is hardwired into 12v wiring on back of frig.

Good luck!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle