cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I want a pair of magic shoes!

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not seriously magic, but maybe hard to find.

Waterproof, breathable, not cold, a little tread to keep me from falling on my butt, and easy on and off.

Wanting something I can put on when our elderly dogs need to go RIGHT NOW and want to head through wet grass. Wear around the fire or when grilling or just anything staying close to the campsite so Iโ€™m not tying and untying shoes all the time.

Now, I wear Crocs sometimes, but they arenโ€™t great on a cool morning with dew or rain, and my feet get dirty. I wear a pair of moccasin/slipper crosses with a rubber sole. They are good unless itโ€™s wet.

Flip flops are out. Too easy to fall and dirty.

Iโ€™ve actually been eyeballing a pair of Goretex hikers wondering if I can trim them down to a slip-on.

Anyone have a good option?
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73
17 REPLIES 17

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
Made in China. I try not to by anything made in China. And there are American made products.....just have to look for them.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

kane8907
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a magic shoes, lets talk about shoes. waterproof leather shoes warm, puncture resistant, pull on boots.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
toornot2 wrote:
the magic shoes you are looking are made by merrell under the name jungle mocks. leather gortex lined, easy step in step out good tread,
warm in the winter, cool in the summer, great shoe

I have always liked Merrell's so I had to look up Jungle Mocks, turns out I have had a pair of them or the earlier version for years. I tend to only wear them in the Winter but they are very comfortable. I may have to use them year around so I have a chance at wear them out.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Sloggers ---Lawn & Garden
$29---$35

Love these !

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
X3 on the Merrell slip ons, I've had 8 pair, very water resistant, and I wear them every day.

toornot2
Explorer
Explorer
the magic shoes you are looking are made by merrell under the name jungle mocks. leather gortex lined, easy step in step out good tread,
warm in the winter, cool in the summer, great shoe

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
For in and out of the trailer type things I wear Duluth Trading Wild Boar Leather Mocs. Not fully waterproof but definitely water resistant, as advertised. In the last 5-6 or more of wearing them I don't recall my feet ever getting wet in them, especially just from walking in heavy dew or anything like that. They've been very comfortable from the start; easy-on and easy-off. Hope this helps.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Mich upnorth wrote:
Go to tractor supply and get some chore boots rubber and slip on. Come up about mid way to knees.

Agree. Or a Rural King, depending on what you have locally.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Skechers with memory foam, technically I think they're considered slippers but they slip on and have a nice grip. If they're not waterproof enough, you could spray something on from 3M etc. Like what they use for couches.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

dedmiston
Dick_B wrote:
I'd look at what is offered by the companies that deal with outdoor clothing and shoes but this is NOT a recommendation for any particular company which might violate the Forum's rules.

You can recommend anything you like, as long as you aren't advertising.

Don't promote your own enterprise, but feel free to share your opinion about brands you enjoy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look at what is offered by the companies that deal with outdoor clothing and shoes but this is NOT a recommendation for any particular company which might violate the Forum's rules.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was looking for the same thing,something to replace my moccasins to go out in the morning when wet or cold,or around the campfire with a good grip sole,easy on and off I found THESE *edited to show the short ones,which I bought.

They worked out very well,got them a little big and could not be happier.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Duck boots come to mind, they're waterproof. Academy Sports sells an inexpensive slip-on duck shoe, but they seem to only have women's sizes listed on their website right now...maybe wrong time of year. There are some on Amazon and LLBean, though.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the line of Merrell Boots. I have three pair, for work, around the house, and casual dress. Slip off and on, no laces Exceptionally comfortable all day long. Lots of tread so no slip. Warm in winter, and cool in summer. Expensive, but well worth the usefulness. Don't get misled by the name, there are many styles of shoes. Strongly recommend. My son got them for me for Christmas several years ago and I'm hooked.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog