cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless adapter for CAT5 Printer???

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am not very technology smart, so if I write something that is not correct please excuse me.

I have an older laser printer (HP LaserJet 2100) that works well when connected with Cat5 (Ethernet) wire.

The problem is that now (on the road) I am using my ATT Mobley hotspot to receive Internet. The Mobley works very well, but I can not print since the printer is wired not wireless.

Is there an adapter that will receive the wireless signal and convert it to a Ethernet wired CAT5 output?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
At todayโ€™s printer prices, buy a more capable unit with Bluetooth rather than an โ€œadapter.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have such an adapter or 2 if I havent' tossed 'em out

Not the best way to do it but They do work.. Provided the adapter you have is HP compatable.. one of mine was not compatable with the printer... which is why I have two.

Best Buy sells them or did.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
One such device is an IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637.

Can be found from many sources such as Amazon,etc.
There are many others
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI