cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dead mouse

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been gone 4 days and came home to find a dead stinking mouse in one of the bays. How do I eliminate the smell?
18 REPLIES 18

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Nok-Out works

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put the ozone machine in today for around 8 hours and all signs of odor are gone. Thanks for all the help.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
That compartment goes all the way through. Got it open today in 95 degree heat. Smell is about gone, maybe,

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
We just had a mouse somehow get down our dryer vent tube from the attic of our home and die in the flex pipe behind the dryer. Clothes came out smelling like death.

I replaced the pipe, and then sprayed Febreze in their liberally and ran a couple of empty loads with no heat. Smell gone.

I would open up the bay, spray it down liberally with Febreeze, and then put a box fan in there and air it out.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not sure which but so far I have disposed of the deceased, scrubbed all signs of it away, sprayed Lysol on the spot, and today I left the doors open on both sides and sprayed it with Fabreeze. Smell is about gone but I will still bring home the ozone machine from our other house next week.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
By the time you try all of these things the smell will most likely be gone
but will you know which one actually worked ??

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
i would use the ozone machine and then place an opened back of charcoal (not the stuff that has lighter fluid already on it. Shut it up for a few days and you should be good to go. Make sure all the residual body part/fluids are gone prior to using the ozone or charcoal.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I happen to have one of those ozone machines at my other house because when we go there it is always musty. I will go get it over the weekend....Thanks everyone.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Ozone Machine.

MrWizard
Dead Mouse videos

:B
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Try odoban. Use it for lots of things and works very well
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If the carcass is gone, bleach.... straight bleach ... and lots of it. Pour it on and just let it sit. After it dries up, then wipe of any residue. Been there, done that!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Rent Ozone machine form Home Depot.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Run an ozone machine in the house while unoccupied.