cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks near Crater Lake National Park

Lucyc858
Explorer
Explorer
We want to visit Crater Lake on our way from San Diego to Seattle. We would appreciate information on RV Parks near Crater Lake. We are towing a 32 foot fifth wheel.
Thank you!
Lucy
14 REPLIES 14

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Collier or Jo Stewart are very good choices, both great parks with their own draw. The up side is that they are just far enough away from the Crater Lake area so you aren't caught up in the Tourist Frenzy that occurs at close by camp sites.
Just my opinion.
Tinbender

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Collier is a nice park with large sites and even a stream to fish in. On the way up to Crater Lake, about an hour drive nice scenery, you can see eagles nesting.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Yet another vote for Collier. We were pleasantly surprised how close it is to the national park.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
it might be a good idea to make sure you have mosquito repellant they can be nasty at times in this area.
Jay D.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
diamond lake rv park is hard to beat.

This is where we stayed and found it to be exactly what we wanted.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Collier State Park.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

srflorie
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Joseph Stewart State Recreation Area which is about 35 miles SW of Crater Lake. It was a beautiful campground and a nice easy drive over to Crater Lake. There is also a little cafe along the way in Union Creek named Beckie's that makes fantastic homemade pies. We stopped on the way to Crater for breakfast and on the way back for the pie!
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2006 Maroon HHR2LT
2010 Silver Cadillac SRX

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Collier Memorial for me also, we stayed there it is a great park and a nice drive to Crater Lake from there.
Nice logging museum as pointed out previously.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
diamond lake rv park is hard to beat.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
We stayed at Collier Memorial State Park near Chiloquin, OR about 35 miles from Crater Lake and found it very convenient and a very nice place to stay. Pictures of our site and what we did are available on our blog.

I've stayed in both Farewell Bend & Collier Memorial State Park. Collier has a great logging museum. My favorite campground in the area (well two hours away) is Susan Creek Campground. No hookups, but water and restrooms with hot showers. It is on OR 138 at milepost 28. Highway 138 has a bunch of beautiful waterfalls that are short hikes off the road:

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Farewell Bend right near the entrance road to the park. It was a great spot.
Lots of other hiking opportunities nearby, too
We were in a 26 ft TT.
Jesseannie

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think there are any.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Collier Memorial State Park near Chiloquin, OR about 35 miles from Crater Lake and found it very convenient and a very nice place to stay. Pictures of our site and what we did are available on our blog.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We used the KOA in Klamath Falls, OR when we visited Crater Lake. Sites were close but the bath/showers were very nice.