cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cuyahoga valley national park

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW wants to visit cuyahoga valley national park on our early April trip. So what the general consensus of this area? First off, is early April to early to visit, weather wise? With lake effect and all?
What's the best place to camp with a 26' class C, needing 30 amp, but preferring w&e or fhu to see most of what there is to see & do. Which brings me to, What is there to see & do? Rocks, history, scenery etc. Can it be done in 3 or more days?
Any and all info/help is greatly appreciated.
Or maybe we'll just head south from Elkhart to warmer weather.
Thanks!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

naturist
Nomad
Nomad

Do be aware that there will be a total solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024, and for that reason, reservations in that area may be hard to come by. We are planning our annual trip to visit relatives to coincide with the eclipse. See you there/then.

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
We visited CNP in 2022. The park is beautiful considering the otherwise unassuming landscape of the area. Note it is basically surrounded by city, so it makes for an interesting experience. We enjoyed the big hitters including the Ledges, Brandywine Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Blue Hen Falls, Tinkers Creek Gorge, and both visitor centers. That was a full day and didn't allow us to ride the Scenic Railroad, hike as much as we wanted, or to get out on bikes or kayaks. Two full days or three relaxed days would be best if you had the time.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
I live nearby there. The weather is normally chilly that time of year, sometimes snowy. Many Cleveland Indians April home games get postponed.

Brandywine Falls is the best attraction there in my opinion, should be churning pretty well that time of year.

I'd suggest staying at West Branch State Park, or Atwood Lake (Atwood Lake has newer FHU if needed, but pricey)https://atwoodpark.mwcd.org/

You won't need 3 days there to take the park in. Cleveland (and Akron & Canton) gets a bad rap, but its truly a great region with museums, wineries, & breweries.
Holmes County isn't too far from Cuyahoga Valley NP, has a great Amish community with cool restaurants & markets. So if you're into that kind of stuff, 3 days may not be enough.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We visited on our way home, wasnโ€™t impressed and kept on driving. The newest NP in WV, New River Gorge is interesting.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have you looked through the website?
Cuyahoga Natl Prk
April 8th is set for eclipse through Ohio.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker