cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you two do?

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I, soon to be empty nest. Buying a TT for local trips. We still work. What games do you has couples enjoy? Keep it clean, not that type question. What are your favorite card games. What other things keep you busy? Yes we mike, love to cook and eat. What other interests do you bring RVing?
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
27 REPLIES 27

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cards against humanity... best played with alcohol ๐Ÿ™‚

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always played two games

1) โ€œlets fix the camper.โ€

Seems there was something FUBARd or out of adjustment nearly every trip on either my camper or my buddies.

That leads to the next game which is

2) โ€œWhere are my toolsโ€

For card games we always played Push Rummie or Phase 10. Lots of fun.

I miss camping in and RVing but Iโ€™m a tinkerer and loved it, trust me, you will become intimately familiar with game 1 and game 2. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

htss
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest looking into cooperative table top games. Games like Pandemic, Forbidden Desert (or Island), Harry Potter, Castle Panic, Flash Point, etc. There are many good two player table top games out there.
2012 Chevy 2500HD DA - 2009 Open Range (33.5' fifth wheel) - B&W Companion - 40 gallon aux tank - Myself, wife and two kids

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We like doing the local sights during the day, what ever they are. The wife is not much on hiking or anything of the outdoor sports type thing. She hates cards but we do play one card game we call 'the card game'. You use 2 decks, red and blue and deal 8 cards face down, then arrange them in a bottom row of 4 and a top row of 4 above each other. The rest of the cards are the draw pile and you have a discard pile. You start out by turning over any 2 cards in your 2 rows. You can draw from either the draw pile or the discard pile. Then as you draw you have to either turn over a card in one of your rows or just discard you draw. The first one to turn over all the cards means the other person gets one more draw, then the its the end of the round. Play to 500 or what ever points you set. The object is to match the top and bottom card so they cancel each other in points. Points are accumulated at face value of the card after one of you has turned over both your rows. Ace is one point, Kings are 0 points, Queen Jack and 10 are 10 points. The rest are face value. Lowest score is the objective.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Around here many places now have a Mini Library at each park. You can borrow a book if you return a book of any kind. I don't read enough to make it work but, I have donated them some books for the people that do..

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been doing jigsaw puzzles for the past couple of years. Many CGs have a stash of them in their clubhouse and when you've finished doing one, just swap it with one on their shelf. I got some 1/8" plywood (just over 24x36") and put an edge around it to stop pieces from sliding around and we can put it on the dinette table, bed for travelling or on a picnic table. There are roll up thingies you can get too.

Nice thing about jigsaw puzzles is you can work on them for hours or pick away at them for a few minutes at a time. I just got this 2000 piece puzzle for DW's upcoming birthday. After spending many hours and hours on them, I hate having to put them back in the box. ๐Ÿ˜ž

We have a nice vintage pokeno game that we found at a thrift shop on a camping trip and scrabble but don't use them a whole lot.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Corn Hole is popular. Also Mexican train, a form of dominoes. Just last week I saw a group with the old "jarts" game, the non-lethal version. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
We like to ride country back roads.
We like to look for Deer and Turkey.
We like to cook out.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
hiking, biking, exploring and visiting local neat things, sitting by the fire in the evening, taking in the evening programs at campgrounds, activities with the grandkids and/or kids when they come, dinners in the dutch oven or over the campfire, sightseeing.

And when the weather turns bad, cribbage, catching up on our list of books and magazines, dominos, DW likes to play "hand and foot" with those who knows how. (Or she will teach you!), pegs and jokers.

Note that TV or DVD's isn't on our list. It's really rare for us to turn on the TV even for a movie when we are camping. Our trailer was several years old before our grandkids realized it even had a TV (It drops into the credenza)
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
OleManOleCan wrote:
We were camping when a tornado laid down trees about a mile from us.
NO POWER.

I got bored so I made a sign that said.
Play Dominoes with a champion. (I'm not one)

We had half a dozen campers answer my challenge.
I lost more than half the games. I confessed I just wanted something to do.
I cooked a big Dutch Oven of Beef Stew for the day. Great time.
The next day we played Rook with several people at someone else's trailer.

That was a great camping trip.
BTW: That was the trip that pushed me over the edge to change all
my lights to LED's.

Good Story.

To answer the Original Posters question: It is rare that we are not doing something outside but, if we are not then I carry a Yahtzee Game, Sorry Game, and a version of the home game of Password. It all depends on if I am camping with the girlfriend, some of the kids, or friends.

I have never used the home game of Password but, I love the TV show and I bought it at a antique store.

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Gin Rummy. Grab the book by Hoyle for lots of card games.

We also bought a pair of good binoculars and enjoy the birds and wildlife.

Take it easy,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the time we're outdoors . . . canoeing, cycling, walking, or just sitting by the fire.

If that gets rained out, we seek out nearby thrift stores and antique stores ... or just stay in and Farkle our brains out on the kitchen table.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
We almost always camp by water; beach, lake, or river. So, we have โ€œstuffโ€ for whicheverโ€™s on that trip. Fishing, kayaking, water skiing, or just lounging by the shore.
Yahtzee, scrabble, card games, or a jigsaw puzzle if we absolutely canโ€™t be outside.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great, replies. We are a few months out. Our calendar is full until August which drives me nuts. Iโ€™m ready to get back out to the woods and relax. Thanks again for the replies.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.