cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard for us to get past Grand Design

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
When we went to our local RV show earlier this year, we really fell in love with the Reflections 315RLTS. But after doing more homework, I think it's bigger than we need/want.

As you may have noticed, we've been looking into some other brands, but always seem to come back to the GD Reflections. It is by no meant the top of the line, but the quality is certainly there IMO.

After wome discussion, we've decided to scale down a bit, and look at the 287RLTS. 95% of the time, it will be just my wife and I, so we decided to not put stock into sleep capacity, but more into what WE need. It checks A LOT of boxes...

Counter space and storage in the kitchen, and we love the dbl fridge.
Theater seating.
Storage in the bedroom, this one has drawers and a nice wardrobe.
Roomy shower.
Windows on the door side, always nice to be able to view your own campsite.

I really wanted to keep the length reasonable, and this one does that, and the hitch weight is very doable as well.

Hoping to go back to the dealer today, and make a deal.
17 REPLIES 17

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
It's an adventure for sure. Enjoy it!
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome. Enjoy your new journey

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
Just to update...

We picked it up last weekend, and are working on getting it ready for it's first outing next weekend. When starting from scratch, there is SO much to consider. No doubt it will take a full season to really get things dialed in 100%, but the journey should be fun.

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
We have the GD 315RLTS and couldn't be happier. With that said, it sure is a LONG trailer.

The quality of GD overall is phenomenal and they have been great about fixing the minor problems we had in the first year.

We were just at Camp Gulf in Florida last month and a ton of people stopped to ask us how we like our GD. The word is out.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, we're excited to start exploring. Made a res for a few weeks out, hopefully they will have it ready by then.

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
Groundhog66 wrote:
Deal is done, we're super happy...gotta love the end of model year deals!

Congrats on the new trailer.
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design was my runner up trailer, but I had to go with the Arctic Fox. Got to drive from Mich to Minneapolis to get it, but I love a road trip.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
a quality trailer is a pleasure. When in doubt go smaller would be my advice.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Groundhog66 wrote:
Congratulations - that is a nice unit. Your going to love it.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went from a Keystone to a Grand Design and are very pleased. The GD is easier to heat and cool and to us is a lot better built.

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Groundhog66 wrote:

Congrats! This is the exact same one my wife and I fell in love with at the RV show. It has everything the two of us would want for when we go full-time in about a year. We worked it over real well and found no real flaws in workmanship. No doubt you'll love it.

Please let us know how it goes 6-12 mos down the road, I'll be interested to hear.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
we went a 315 because we wanted a king bed. It is a little longer then we wanted but after having it for a year we have not regrets. Go to GrandDegsinowners.com and you will find a great community of GD owners and a wealth of knowledge
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

Groundhog66
Explorer
Explorer

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a similar list when looking for a new TT, except a rear bedroom was on top.

We camp at lakeside and creek side sites frequently and love having the views and especially the sounds of the water in the bedroom.

A front bedroom puts you sleeping closer to the road in a back in site. I never understood wanting to sleep up front.

Good luck with your purchase.
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD