cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane problem

jd_h
Explorer
Explorer
Gas stove stopped working. Still plenty of propane. Using auxiliary tank due to long stay in one spot. Talked to RV repairmen. Replaced regulator. Now stove works but just barely.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,
J.D.
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Aux Adaptor may include an excess flow valve.. Otherwise it's a solid T with check valves and not much can go wrong with those. (if you still have it and are not too far from me I'd love to take one (Failed one) apart.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jd_h
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your feedback. On advice I bypassed the auxiliary tank adapter and connected the regulator directly into the auxiliary tank. That solved the problem. Evidently the adaptor had gone bad.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
For basic troubleshooting on the internet purposes......

Is it assumed that ONLY the stove does not work correctly, or does the water heater or furnace also not work? If the other two work, then tank, shut off device, etc are good and points to problems with either line to stove only and or stove itself.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the stove on a slide out check the propane hose under the slide. It could be crimped. I had that problem once. If not then it might be the regulator on the stove.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Is the Stove in a slide out?
The stove has its OWN regulator. That may be defective
What do you mean works "Barely"?
Do other LP appliance operate OK? Doug

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Very possible the shut off device in your pigtail has activated, or you might have some gummy residue in the pigtail from bad propane.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
maybe air in line. light a burner, let it burn for a few minutes and see if it clears up.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle