cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apgar campground in sept

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for info on apgar around Sept 15th. We are in a 31 ft Class C motorhome i looked at the historical data on the NPS website for Glacier NP and from the looks of it, the average temps are 40 for lows, and 70 for the highs, and the red bus tours are usually still running.
Proud father of a US Marine
7 REPLIES 7

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
As the summer progresses keep an eye on the forest fire season in the West: July, August, September. Each summer now forest fires seem to ratchet up and surpass the destruction of the previous year.

My advice is to have an alternative travel destination should western forest fires go nuts again. Last year we had to cancel our West Glacier campground reservations at the last minute when a fire there exploded and the entire west side was evacuated. Our alternative destination: the Washington Coast. A great place, but it is not Glacier NP.

We are heading to West Glacier next week, well ahead of this yearโ€™s fire season.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
yep, Apgar doesn't take reservations.
we went there in Sept. and had no problems finding a campsite. had lots of choices.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Apgar doesn't accept reservations except for the group area. Even with our 40' motorhome we got a site. You won't have a problem in September.

https://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/cgstatus/camping_detail.cfm?cg=Apgar
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just went on the NPS website to look into booking a site for apgar in sept and it only shows loop E which is a "group loop"??? There isn't even a option to choose any other loops ??
Proud father of a US Marine

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've stayed at Apgar twice,you can get the inside shuttle. it will be a great time. Here's a tip take a day trip to Pole Bridge Mercantile.

Lucyc858
Explorer
Explorer
We go to Glacier every year. Look for a site on the A loop. There are some large ones , and it is an easy walk to the lake. PM me if you have other questions.
Lucy

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared for any kind of weather. Those averages are nice but the range is wide. Make sure you have plenty of propane and are prepared to stay put for a few days to wait out the weather, if necessary.

Looks like it's never full after Labor Day. campground status page
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board