cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quick Tip on matching "wood"

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing a remodel. I found some laminate flooring a Home Depot that matches my RV perfectly. They also have prefinished moldings that look factory installed. The laminate is hard on your saw blades but looks good. If you need so "wood", check in the flooring dept. They have sample peice.
7 REPLIES 7

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I used Traffic Master laminate flooring which is vinyl. Score with a knife and snap.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
My friend Rick who is a crackerjack pro carpenter, moved on to construction supervisor. Recently needed to cut a small amount of laminate flooring for an entryway
. He decided to try his jigsaw and said it worked like a charm! He does have a good Bosch jigsaw.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Diablo 60 tooth fine finish blade for Laminate flooring. Its $40.00 at Home Depot. I wont use and of my expensive blades on Laminate.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
TNGW1500SE wrote:
I've been doing a remodel. I found some laminate flooring a Home Depot that matches my RV perfectly. They also have prefinished moldings that look factory installed. The laminate is hard on your saw blades but looks good. If you need so "wood", check in the flooring dept. They have sample peice.

What type of blades do you use? I have only used carbide tipped blades for power tools for about 40 years.

Same as you, carbide. They make blades just for laminate. Get your wallet out if you want one!

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
TNGW1500SE wrote:

What type of blades do you use? I have only used carbide tipped blades for power tools for about 40 years.

X2. And it also helps to keep your blade depth as shallow as possible to get a cleaner cut. That flooring does wear out a blade quickly so have a few extra blades on hand.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
TNGW1500SE wrote:

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a idea I may look into. Thanks
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k