Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Pittsburgh RV Show Review
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Pittsburgh RV Show Review

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to the Pittsburgh RV Show yesterday. It was bitter cold only 7 degrees and we got there at 10:30 1/2 hour after it opened. I got the last parking spot in the garage attached to the convention center.

There was a large crowd. Both of the main exhibit floors were full of RV's only. This is an improvement over years past. They even had a few small RV units in the upper lobby area. There seemed to be more campgrounds represented as well. I talked to the owner of the dealership where I purchased my 5th wheel and asked why they didn't have any Grand Design units. Turns out that the dealers or other powers have an agreement to not overlap makes / models if at all possible. Since my dealer had other makes and models to show they let another dealer show the Grand Design units. I guess this makes sense so that you can see more unique rigs.

We enjoyed ourselves and spent about six hours there.There seemed to be many people serious about buying as there were already a few sold signs on some units.

The RV show runs from Jan 6th through the 14th

Hours are:
Monday thru Friday: 4 pm - 9 pm
Saturdays: 10 am - 9 pm
Sundays: 10 am - 5 pm

Ticket prices are:
Adults: $12
Seniors 55 and over: $10
Active Military: $10
Children 6 - 16: $5
Children 5 and under: FREE

Buy one adult admission, get one free Monday and Tuesday only. Offer NOT valid with any other tickets, coupons or promotions.

Discount coupons available at Shop & Save

Convention Center Parking is $12

Food and beverages are expensive A bottle of water is $3.50

the website for more info is

Pittsburgh RV Show

It was a great way to get out of the house and spend some time around other RV'ers and RV's

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus three cocker spaniels

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You gotta pay to get in? No thanks.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

.There seemed to be many people serious about buying as there were already a few sold signs on some units.

I doubt it! That is a common practice to place sold signs in units not really sold. It develops a sense of urgency among buyers, and also instills a sense of acceptance since other people are buying as well.
Psychology is alive and well in the sales department!

See, it even fooled you!

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for posting the information.

Was the sales staff using high pressure tactics? I noticed that last time I attended the Hershey RV Show.

Paying to go to a show is annoying. But, it's how the venue pays the bills.
If it was free to attend, there could be many non-RV types using it for entertainment, or a babysitting service.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Was the sales staff using high pressure tactics? I noticed that last time I attended the Hershey RV Show.

If it was free to attend, there could be many non-RV types using it for entertainment, or a babysitting service.

There were certain dealers such as Camping World and Campers Inn that seemed more in your face but the family run dealers waited for you to approach them or they would just ask if they could help and then move on.

I have never attended the Hershey show but would like to some day.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

gbopp wrote:

There were certain dealers such as Camping World and Campers Inn that seemed more in your face but the family run dealers waited for you to approach them or they would just ask if they could help and then move on.

I have never attended the Hershey show but would like to some day.

No desire to attend the Pittsburgh Fiasco this year, especially with Campers Inn (Formerly Clems) and now Camping World (Formerly Coopers). Neither were the greatest prior to the buyouts, but now both are a lot worse. There are a few really good dealers at that show however, Brooks Trailer Sales is one of them. Typically the "Show Special" prices are about a grand higher at the Pittsburgh show than you could walk on one of their lots next week, and get after the show. The Pittsburgh show has always been that way. Floorspace at that convention center is not cheap, and you can bet not one of those dealers is paying for one sq ft of it out of pocket.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Pittsburgh RV Show Review
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS