Explore and connect with travelers just like you.

Like what you see? Join Good Sam's Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
399637members
3638897posts

Community Activity

Resolved! Truck Camper Siding Wind Damage Repair

VIDEO: Truck Camper Siding Wind Damage Repair  Travalong I-40 Westbound, all of a sudden the siding on the left front side of the cabover began pealing away. We were driving west about 60 to 65 mph into 40 mph headwinds. We had just a couple weeks a...

1000004020.jpg

Walmart Overnight Parking

WALMART Trainyards.$ 80.00 parking ticket from bylaw.RV’ers be aware that the Walmart at Trainyards 450 Terminal Ave., Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z3, is no longer welcoming RV and Travel Trailers. They will allow you one night only.I brought my travel trailer, ...

Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself. Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a ...

1.png
TeamGoodSam by Community Manager
  • 260 replies
  • 449 likes

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Northern Lite camper?

I am doing some upgrading to my 12 Volt electrical in my Northern Lite camper. Right now it is upgrading batteries, replacing existing charger with a smart charger, and adding a battery monitor. Does anyone have wiring diagram for a Northern Lite cam...

JW2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

12v DC Air Conditioning Conversion Progress

Well, I'm knee deep into my Spring camper project. I posted about this earlier about all of the work I plan on doing but this update is specifically to the AC conversion. As a recap for those that didn't see my initial post, I am removing the roof AC...

adamis_0-1714496643024.png adamis_1-1714496787485.png
adamis by Nomad
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Mattress Ventilation Underlay

Recently discovered an underlay to provide ventilation under my mattress might be necessary to prevent mold. I will be living in my camper full-time through the seasons. Curious on thoughts and if anyone has tips for a cheaper option or DIY other tha...

Mercedes 3500 sprinter towing electrical connections

I am going to be towing an auto with my 2023 Thor Delano. It is built on a 2021 sprinter 3500.  In preparation for the towing I had the receiver cable tested and it showed no voltage on it.  I have seen some post indicating that the Mercedes does not...

svjim by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Went camping this weekend at a campground on the lake, had not been there for a few years. Once there I began to walk around looking at the different sites when I noticed a very old dog. He just lay there until I got too close then he got up on three...

DISH Outdoors Pay-As-You-Go

I have been a DISH Pay-As-You-Go Outdoor customer for over 4 years.  In the past when we'd go camping our routine has been to open the MyDISH app, pay enough so DISH has a month in advance then authorize and reactivate my receiver.  Once we return ho...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are all Forest River products garbage?

I'm in the process of researching small TTs and came across a couple of units made by Forest River that caught my attention. Actually, both models are identical but sold under the Salem Cruise Lite and Wildwood X Lite. I was very surprised to see so ...

Chasis Battery 1998 FW Discovery

Hello I changed out the chasis batterie the other day. I get power to then RV but the RV will not turn over the windshield wipers come on that is all it does please help ! Greatly appreciated 

Mesanto by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Provider of emergency roadside services via text?

Good Sam has informed me that they do not provide emergency roadside service (ERS) via test messaging; one has to call via voice.;I am seeking an ERS provider that can provide ERS if I contact them via text/SMS. Anyone aware of one? The only one I've...

rob_g by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes