cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sad and then proud ending to camping trip

Happyemptyneste
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I just got back from a 4 day trip close to lake Livingston Tx. We were jealous and envious when we pulled out this morning to get ready to go back home to our so called normal work routine and saw the ones staying sipping on coffee and a bloody marry while we were leaving. We will be there one day soon and can't wait!!! That area is absolutely beautiful and was so relaxing.
When we got back, our son got a call from his Air Force recruiter that his medical waiver went through and he goes back to finish up his MEPS this week in San Antonio. Wife and I are so proud of him and he is on cloud 9. We want to thank all who served and are serving out country!!! Thank You and God Bless!!!

Mike
7 REPLIES 7

Happyemptyneste
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for your posts. He is packing up this evening for his trip tomorrow afternoon to MEPS in San Antonio. He'll be through Thursday and heading home until BMT starts. We showed him your posts and he was so appreciative.

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to your Son, God Bless!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
God Bless your son and thank him for all of us.
Dennis Hoppert

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is Thanks for raising your son right, AF is a good choice was in 63 to 67. Tell him I said let the adventures begin and thank you for stepping up.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
you can see their land from the i90 bridge if you look towards the jungle

Happyemptyneste
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA in onalaska is where we were. Great restaurant with awesome pies. Nice sunset over the lake.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
love wolf creek park grew up there parents bought property between onalaska and trinity