cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow dolly for our MINI

chag67
Explorer
Explorer
So the DW and I are almost ready to pull the trigger on a tow dolly. I've pretty much settled on a new ACME EX Tow dolly with surge brakes (unless I can come across a good used Master Tow dolly with surge brakes).

After watching this video - ACME tow dolly video, I have a "dumb" question. What are the "banjo" chains? Are they for extra safety in case the wheel straps fail?
2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FLS
2 REPLIES 2

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
There is no banjo chain what they are pointing to is the banjo for the safety chain. The banjo is the cut out that in the frame of the dolly that you put the safety chain through. Google banjo eyes for chains to see what they look like.
FYI love our Acme. Hit a turnaround because of a road closure this year and even as tight as I had to turn no damage to dolly or car. Tracks great and the light weight makes it much easier to hand roll into the back of the RV spot at the campground.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
chag67 wrote:
After watching this video - ACME tow dolly video, I have a "dumb" question. What are the "banjo" chains? Are they for extra safety in case the wheel straps fail?

From watching their video, I would say yes, they are extra safety chains in case the wheel straps fail.