cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Palm Creek questions

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
(similar questions to my post about Rincon West)

We are staying at Palm Creek for a couple of months this winter.
How good is the free cable (actually DISH, I think) TV reception?

How good is the paid $30 internet? If you snowbird there, do you use their internet? Or do you find you need to use an alternative such as a jetpack? If theirs works, I have no problem with the 30 bucks/mo.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
8 REPLIES 8

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
BTW
Here is a list of Casa Grande over the air stations
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?method=decideFwdForLineup&zipcode=85122&setMyPreference=false&lineupId=PC:85122&method=getGridForLineup
You will not get all of them but I get 28-30 of them with a rotating antenna on a pole. I am about one mile down the road from where you will be.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I called Palm Creek. Their DISH system has no hardware on the RV end. And a DISH receiver cannot be connected to it in the RV.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
That's cool, thanks!

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
You can find the Palm Creek channels here
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?method=decideFwdForLineup&zipcode=85122&setMyPreference=false&lineupId=AZ61692:-
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
One question I am going to have is what is the hardware side of the DISH system at a particular RV? Do you just attach a cable to a pedestal, is there a receiver of some type?

I ask that because we have DISH at home and it makes me wonder if we can connect our Hopper3 to the park's system. Probably not.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I will PM flyboy, no problem. I'm sure by the end of the thread we will have public answers too.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Why PM?

Why not post any questions here so all can view.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
Have wintered in Palm Creek for 10 years.
Free cable TV is good. All major US carriers. Internet is good and reliable once you are set up. Any interruptions are quickly dealt with as there are Dish technicians on site.
Any other questions just PM me.