cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long term stay in Sanford NC

Arsenalk9
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be staying in Sanford North Carolina for approximately 6 months and was wondering if anybody has stayed at the San Lee RV site. Does it still exist? What is it like there? It's very hard to find any information online about this place. As far as I can tell it's the closest RV park to Sanford with the next one being Dickens RV Park in Moncure approximately 15 miles away.
3 REPLIES 3

ricks99
Explorer
Explorer
I've been there for a weekend trip. Note that San-Lee is not an "RV park." It is a municipal park with ~10 sites. Be aware, too, that not all sites have hookups and large vehicles (30'+) may have difficulty navigating the interior roads. You'll also need approval for long-term stays. Depending on you needs, you might also look at the the Jordan Dam RV Park in Moncure.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 (aka Rusty)
2017 Kodiak 172e Hybrid (aka Roxy)

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there one time a couple years back. At the time the park ranger said renovations were to be made the next year....so it has been (supposedly) renovated since my stay. I have no recent experience with it but when I was there I was pleased with it. Small and quiet at night. I didn't have people who did not belong there walking through. I hope the renovations made it better.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sanford NC campgrounds

15 miles?

Hopefully that is not what you consider 'long distance'

We drive 18 miles one way to go shopping :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31