cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone familiar with Oasis resort Las Vegas?

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed many times over the last 4yrs. When we stopped over for a couple of nights this past June, without getting into it all because that's not why I'm asking, we weren't as happy about the place as we had been in the past.

So - if you are familiar with the Oasis, have you been to any other rv resorts that have that nice of a pool? It's by far one of the best I've come across so far. We'd like to do something in October of the kids' fall break. Las Vegas was always a good go to with the pool, but not so sure I want to go since our last visit was rather disappointing.

We would be willing to travel to Arizona, Nevada, Texas, maybe a little further. We're in colorado.

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!
8 REPLIES 8

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
Either it was the time of the year (summer, busy) but the pool area didn't seem very clean. Very cloudy, junk all over the bottom of the pool (even bandaids), my boys came back and said a small child that was mostly unsupervised swallowed too much water and vomited in the pool. Nothing was done, no one told maintenance while they were there so they left. I called when they got back not sure if they closed or cleaned it.

Our site was still very nice but we go mostly for the pool. We don't go to just sit outside our rig or go to the strip. The kids like to swim and it is by far the best pool set up but I'm not sure I want to risk it over our fall break if this could be a change in management (which I do know happened a couple of years ago).

So I just want to know if there are other rv resorts with really nice pools.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Teasing us with the problem

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Our two favorites if it's time for a change from Las Vegas are:

Chula Vista RV Resort south of San Diego- great pool with lots for the kids to do on the property or at the tourist attractions in the area.

Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellton,CA. near Solvang. Good pool and stuff for kids.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I thought the OP's question was about where else they could find as nice of pool as OLV? :h

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Oasis only once about 2 years ago. Very nice place, no problems. We didn't make use of the pool or other amenities and we rarely do at other RV parks. I just want a very clean RV park with wide roads, clean spots etc.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

newlee
Explorer
Explorer
We will be there next week. Have stayed many times never had a problem.
What changed that you didn't like?
Dan & Pat Newhall
Central California
2003 Newmar Kountry Star DP 3353
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
1995 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 Toad
1995 Jeep Wrangler Toad (KISA RCK}

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I did read all of your post and it seems to me it is all about your displeasure with Oasis. We have enjoyed it every time we have been there with May of 2016 being the last time. If there has been some major change there, it would be nice to know about what has happened. We have not stayed at any other place in LV and seldom look for a pool anyway so I don't think we can answer your question without know what you dislike in a campground.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Would be interested in the answer to this as well.
OLV is the nicest RV resort we have ever been to.