cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Truck and Camper

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
After over 50 years of camping/rving, I recently sold the Ram truck and Wolfcreek camper. After moving to the PNW 3 years ago, I wasn't getting the use of it that I had hoped for. The Pandemic and wild fire restrictions over the past 3 years, dampened the opportunities and desire to get out and go. Maybe age and health figures in there too. I got good prices on both of them, so I'm still a happy camper. You all take care and be safe.

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840
9 REPLIES 9

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
The meaning of "close" is still TBD. 🙂
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ramblin' Ralph wrote:
Fifty years is a good run. I'm feeling like I'm close to retiring from the RV life, too. 🙂

Say it’s not so, Ralph!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bedlam wrote:
We actually enjoyed less crowds the first half of the pandemic but that increased once people started suffering cabin fever. Now it has flattened out and we are looking forward to off season camping with less crowds.

Yeah 2020 and 2021 were great! Save for gettin the Covid on New Years Eve, ruined a good night of drinking. The Dang fast food joints that still aren’t all back to dine in. Oh and the horrible aftermath of supply chain and unchecked inflation.
And the worst part, the kids education went bad for 2 years….
But from a day to day standpoint…
NO traffic in Seattle for months. And less traffic for a good year plus. Made driving to work very pleasant. Like when it snows here….lol.
No issues finding campsites and traveling was great with so many people locking themselves up at home afraid to go breathe good clean air.
Got a little break from kids sports which made some free time for about the first 6 months of the pandemic. Actually got a few projects done and a couple more started.
Older son got out of taking college entrance exams. He was happy bout that!
Airports were not crowded nor were flights. And flights were cheap. Made air travel awesome for about a year.

I wish more people were still staying at home, honestly. Like the good ole days in 2020!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Fifty years is a good run. I'm feeling like I'm close to retiring from the RV life, too. 🙂
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Bedlam
We actually enjoyed less crowds the first half of the pandemic but that increased once people started suffering cabin fever. Now it has flattened out and we are looking forward to off season camping with less crowds.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
fpoole wrote:
Yah, I hear ya...
Sorta doing the same thing down here in AZ (from Seattle, WA) Back and Joints aren't what they used to be but still riding the buggy.. on rallies then back to a home...
Happy trails, you have a lot of memories to look back on, nice..
Cheers...

I've seen your rig on the road multiple times around Western WA!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Best of wishes and luck on your future adventures!

The pandemic surely put 'snake oil' in many of our travel plans. Between most places being closed to once they opened being booked solid by all the new folks trying the RV camping adventures. (sigh)

I'll be the first to admit that there will come a day when climbing up the stairs into the camper (and into the bed) will be to much of my aging knees and then I'll seriously look at motor homes.

Happy trails!

- Mark0.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Happy trails on your new adventures!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I hear ya...
Sorta doing the same thing down here in AZ (from Seattle, WA) Back and Joints aren't what they used to be but still riding the buggy.. on rallies then back to a home...
Happy trails, you have a lot of memories to look back on, nice..
Cheers...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website