cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
Upgraded the orginal analog t-stat a digital

While I was in the upgrade mode, I also installed a Trimetric meter and shunt.
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sold it, now to sell off all the truck accessories for the TC.
2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

bigolhorns
Explorer
Explorer
New Atwood wireless remote electric jacks.No more cranky,cranky;)
2013 F250 Super Duty 4X4 Air Lift Airbags
1999 S&S Bitterroot 7.5
Torklift Frame Mounted Tiedowns
Torklift Fastguns

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Had my 1998 Lance 990 propane tanks recertified and filled at local propone company. Tanks are 1997 vertical kind. Good for another 5 years. Found out the tanks are 30 pounders instead of 20's.

ejfranz
Explorer
Explorer
Washed fifty days of Alaska, Yukon, NWT and BC grime off the camper.
Emptied and refilled the fresh water tank.
Getting camper ready for my sister to use in September.
06 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crewcab SRW 4WD - Allison 6 speed & Duramax LBZ.
Upgrades: BD diesel exhaust manifold, Edge Evolution, Timbrens & KYB Monomax.
Camper: 2005 Adventurer 90FWS - Electric jacks, LEDs, 6V batteries, roof rack, ladder & awning.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:
Yesterday I "moved out" of it and washed and detailed it in preparation for selling it... Tomorrow it comes off the truck for the first time in 3 years.. ๐Ÿ˜ž Kinda sad after all we've been through together! BUT!.. I Can't wait for the new Lance! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak

Next upgrade of the forum software should include a LIKE button.

I LIKE!

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I "moved out" of it and washed and detailed it in preparation for selling it... Tomorrow it comes off the truck for the first time in 3 years.. ๐Ÿ˜ž Kinda sad after all we've been through together! BUT!.. I Can't wait for the new Lance! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

moomps
Explorer
Explorer
I finished the paint job on my 1990 Sun-lite 850WT. Then tonight I installed a set of StableLoads. The first test drive was fantastic.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
took apart the original hand crank up locate the satellite yourself antenna to make room for a second kayak on the roof rack. We don't need it as we have a King Flex portable.

The through the roof swivel mount is still in place until I can get the materials and time to have a proper roof patch done but it is out of the way of where the kayak sits on the rack.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
A little 1" foam insulation.
I beveled the edges on the back door piece to create a good seal against the radius of the window trim. The foam's beveled edge on the pass-through piece is faced away from the window so the vinyl cover is shaped a little nicer, rather than have a harsh edge. The outside corner of the vent hood is the 90 degree corner of the triangle. I put a 2" thick piece of foam in the bath skylight. Cut a little big length-wise and pushed all the way up, friction does a nice job of holding it without having too many puckers.
I used an electric carving knife, like you would use for Turkey or ham.
It's a weird green color, but we'll be in The Keys the end of August, so I'll take what I can get.

'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
FINALLY got it washed, then off-loaded from the truck into it's new home in the barn. Need to lower it down onto a better platform for repairs, then take the skin off and rebuild the passenger side rear corner, it was quite the pucker factor while unloading it and lowering it down onto some supports.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I finished upgrading all 14 bulbs inside and the two porch lights with LEDs. All I have left to do now is the back running lights! Yay! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
Installed 12V outlets near the dinette and at the head of the bed. 12V installation link

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
Re caulking, think it is original caulk from the factory, 1991.
Camper: 2005 Lance Lite 815
Truck: 2003 Dodge Ram Loramie 3500HD, CTD, DRW, Q/C, L/B, Draw-Tite Front Hitch
Boat: 1985 Alumacraft Trophy 175 - Evinrude 90 HP

Lexicon7
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Mike and fellow TC lovers.. Well, since I love the southwest desert I designed and built a simple "hard plumbed" mister to service the awning side of my old '95 Squire. The system is not yet complete as purchasing the mister nozzles stopped me in my tracks. I want to be sure of the fitting size and can't locate anywhere in stores to pick them up so on line orders have to be right... right? So this is my design and oh I'm still on the little Nexus 7 which doesn't seem to want to cooperate with pasting or copying photo files. I'm picking up an i7 LT next week so will post lots of pictures from that time forward but I digress!!!
>>>>>> I used 1/2" pvc and began the run just under the outside shower.
I first installed a 1/2" threaded ftg and then hard plumbed the piping across the rear and to the awning side. I installed a "T" near the rear on that side and then a little 1/2" Ball Valve and then continued the run to the front side and installed a 90 on the end. I found that the flex hose on the shower was 1/2" so to operate the mister, I can set the outside shower on the hook, remove the flex hose from the shower head and connect it to the mister. On the business end, I can use the ball valve if I only want the rear mister and leave it open for both.
Not sure how it will work yet but I figure with just cracking the shower open a little it should maintain the very low psi needed to slowly push out that wonderful cool water over all the bathing beauties laying under my awning in their Bikini's by the river....