cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Truck Camper Forum Comments

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

I wonder how many will come over to the new forum page from RV.Net?  I thought we would see all of our old subjects over here and just continue on as usual, but so far they haven't been moved.  I hope the forum continues as this was the last page that had much helpful traffic left, or maybe the Facebook truck camper pages are our last resort?  Well, hi everyone and reply if you're over here checking it out.

IMG_4074 (002).jpg

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MORSNOW

We are working on transferring all Truck Camper Content over to the new Truck Camper group! There is a lot of content so it might take us a while but eventually, we will get there! 

Thank you for your patience while we work to set up this new community. If you have more feedback we would love to hear it! 

(p.s. - we love the photo & want to see more) 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

I hadn't used RV.Net much this last year because of my vision. I had cataract surgery for both eyes in October. The type size in RV.Net was hard to see. Yesterday I did accidently find a way to see some of my archived posts going back to 2007. It showed about 725 of my 3400 posts on RV.Net. I will need to figure out how I got there yesterday. 

I hope to find some of our old moderators here. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

Give it some time. When the site first went live there was no truck camper group yet. Less than a day in, they created a truck camper group due to popular demand. The process to move all the posts into the truck camper forum isn't instant.

Maybe they should have had a Truck Camper group right off the bat, but to be honest the group was pretty quiet. After 24 hours you'd be lucky if two threads got updated. It really didn't warrant its own group, but you all complained and it got done.

There is no sense in wailing and gnashing of teeth at this point. Let things settle out. Give yourself some time to learn the new layout. Maybe you'll like it better if you give it a chance.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

stuwu4s
Explorer II
Explorer II

i have been active with this forum for years and i cannot understand why they can take something good and mess it up.  JUST leave it alone. 

I'm guessing they decided to grab.... whatever this product is vs some of the other well established forum products out there since its got GoodSam's name on it and those forums looked alot like the old one and not as Hip and Trendy :p.  RV.net basically doesn't exist as an independent entity anymore, its just a redirect to the goodsam product line now. 

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Thar's true but they are still bringing in the posts from RV.Net. They are doing a good job so far along with correcting any coding errors that come up. Just give them a little time.

It was explained on the old forum. The old forum site was broken, unstable, and full of security vulnerabilities. The people that built the site are long gone, and it's written in a programming language that nobody knows. It was move or lose everything. 

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Not so much nobody knows ColdFusion, just nobody bothers to use it anymore since its been long since supplanted by vastly better programming languages these days, even PHP is still kicking it compared to ColdFusion. 

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

IMG_2010.jpeg

I made it here on the first day when there wasn't even a truck camper group...

My forum name is the same that it had been since 2008. The relaunch was inevitable... All data have apparently been carried over - I had bookmarked an old thread from 2012 and the bookmark opens the old thread in the new community. So obviously a lot of effort went into this project. I am thankful for that. Give it some time.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III

IMG_20230909_180520466_HDR.jpgSo far so good finding the new place, 

2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

MelinOre
Explorer
Explorer

Had to register as a new member as my RV.net email was very old and not valid anymore. I was ICamel on the other site.

BigDog+Fox+Drifter.JPG

2017 Arctic Fox 992, 2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 17' River Wild Driftboat, Oregon Stillwater Flyfisher

@MelinOreIf you post your loss of access in the Community Feedback I believe they will work with you to update your email and get you access to your old account again.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II

Ugh..  not because of the change, that's life and inevitable.  But the layout... and no obvious options to change it.  Like Deltabravo said...to much white space. 

I've watched/been involved in lot's of forum changes over the years..but at least they still looked and operated like a 'forum'.  A feed of topics one could quickly peruse, choose.  This ain't it.  We'll see.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Well, RV.net's main competitor in the forumverse is still alive and kicking, and its TC forum could definitely do with an infusion of activity again 😛 

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

I was an "Expert" on the Comcast Forum for about 7 years. We used to run the forum. Over the last few years, the forum has slowly moved to a company run forum. When I complained about it last year, I was removed as an "Expert". I guess I wore out my welcome.

"Reality_Check"

Since we cannot edit a previous reply, I am not seeing any of the Comcast Forum problems happening here. This forum is moving along fine, and I expect it will get better as it continues. I am happy with it so far.