cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need RAM 5500 flat bed height

bigridetime
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the height of the flatbed on a stock 2022+ RAM 5500?

Doing a new build and considering the Backstop kit, but want to stay under 13'6" if possible, so trying to figure out how high the stock RAM 5500 is.
8 REPLIES 8

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
It depends on what brand of flatbed you have. There is no end-all be-all height.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Back home - PM’ed you…

3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
bigridetime wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to lift and add some big tires, probably using the Buckstop kit...which will add 7" of height. With a Host Yukon or Mammoth and a low profile A/C unit, to stay under 13'6" I think the bed needs to be no more than 42" high stock.

Bedlam -thanks for the measurement. if 42" is right, it will just work!

3 tons - thanks for the info. let me know when you get back in town - would love to bounce some more questions by you.

Has anyone had the Buckstop kit installed?

https://www.buckstopinc.com/single-wheel-conversions.html

Will do…

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take a look at RAM truck oem website for “body builder” or “upfitter” manuals. There will be complete dimensions, departure angles, recommend tire clearances, etc etc available.

bigridetime
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning to lift and add some big tires, probably using the Buckstop kit...which will add 7" of height. With a Host Yukon or Mammoth and a low profile A/C unit, to stay under 13'6" I think the bed needs to be no more than 42" high stock.

Bedlam -thanks for the measurement. if 42" is right, it will just work!

3 tons - thanks for the info. let me know when you get back in town - would love to bounce some more questions by you.

Has anyone had the Buckstop kit installed?

https://www.buckstopinc.com/single-wheel-conversions.html

Bedlam
Typical deck height is about 42", so about half a foot higher than a pickup bed.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
bigridetime wrote:
Does anyone know the height of the flatbed on a stock 2022+ RAM 5500?

Doing a new build and considering the Backstop kit, but want to stay under 13'6" if possible, so trying to figure out how high the stock RAM 5500 is.

I have a 2023 Ram 5500 4x4, 60” C/A with a 9’-4” skirted steel CM bed (90” width) and Eagle Cap 995 with basement…While I can’t provide you the exact number at the moment (I’m currently overseas for another week or so…), it’s just under 13’-6” to the top of the air conditioner, and the CM bed installed rest about 6” taller than my previous rear edge of truck-bed, a 2016 3500 4x4 LB DRW - my garage door is 14’ (13’-10” with moulding)..

Feel free to PM me if you like…

3 tons

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you mean from the stock truck frame rails to the ground? I can't answer because I have a 2015 on factory 19.5 Alcola wheels with 4 wheel drive. Asking about the height from the flat bed frame rails to the ground from any manufacturer could get you various answers, all of the right to the respective rig. Maybe this helps?
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body