cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance truck camper tail light replacement

BigEL
Explorer
Explorer

I have a 2017 Lance 850 truck camper. How do you remove the tail light? I carry it on a 2016 F250 Lariet. Getting rapid blink and warning on my dash say left trailer light issue. 

4 REPLIES 4

johnandabby
Explorer
Explorer

I recently replaced my tail lights as well.  I've had the best luck going straight to Lance Parts (parts@lancecamper.com).  Give them your Truck Camper info and they usually respond within a couple of hours-with the part name, number and manufacturer.  Hope this helps!

2008 Lance 1131 + 2008 Ford F-450 Lariat DRW

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

Good to hear it works for now. It will likely come back, though.

I don't know the exact lights used on your Lance, but I did search the web and found similar ones on the big river site:

https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Mount-Trailer-Truck-Chrome/dp/B015BNUKA0

These are surface mounted and the fastener screws are hidden behind the chrome bezel, which probably comes off with some force. There may be a notch for a flat screwdriver at the bottom edge.

However... the lights are LED. When they fail, it is often individual LEDs that go out - or they do not get electricity.

In my experience, the plug or some connector within the wiring is far more often the culprit. Can you unplug, check and clean the connectors and re-plug them . If that doesn't help -  Do you have a multimeter & know how to use it?

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

Do they look like this?

IMG_3574.jpeg

The image is from the Lance website. Maybe someone recognizes the type of light.

Do the brake lights work?

Your problem may be somewhere in the wiring rather than with the light assembly. The plug/receiver (7-pin?) often have corrosion issues.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Yes it looks like that. The pin is Lance dealer installed. Yes, seems to be working today. Maybe moisture?