cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

x-tend a chock resilience...

richardgarneau
Explorer
Explorer
Forgetting the x-tend a chock ...I wonder if that happened to any of you ?

If so what happenned, x-chock has been destroyed ?, Trailer just refuse to move ? You managed to drag the wheels on the ground ?

Any thing not mentionned above, please share thanks
Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014
Ford F150 XLT 2014 3.5 Eco max tow package
18 REPLIES 18

richardgarneau
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks for the input guys, I am new to this RV thing and I want to reduce as much as I can the expensive mistake one can make.

My idea behind this post was also to see if this device can do a better job than the flimsy cheapo wheel chocks that we see everywhere, I guess I have my answer. Ill keep using both, the chock and the x-tend but I will have more confidence. My driveway isnt flat and I can barely sleep since I've parked the trailer ... ๐Ÿ™‚
Did I say that I'm paranoid at times ...
Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014
Ford F150 XLT 2014 3.5 Eco max tow package

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Before putting the truck in gear and driving away I always do one last walk around. Checking the hitch and chains, stabilizer jacks retracted all the way, entry door locked, all storage door closed AND LOCKED, etc....

Just make it a habit like the check list!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use x-chock and have forgotten it only once.

When I went to pull out there was a bit of resistance which didn't seem right......got out to look and yep there was the x-chock.

Still between the tires but now it was cockeyed/wedged in between the tires.
I was more worried about tires being cut from the way it was wedged then damage to x-chock.

Unable to take pressure off had to back up a bit to get it out.

No damage to tires OR x-chock.

Like I said.....only forgot it ONCE
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Marauderer
Explorer
Explorer
I have always noticed that the trailer did not want to move and I stopped and went out and found the problem. I have two of the heavy duty ones and have been very pleased with their performance.

Make a check list of things to do and remove to get underway and use it and you will not ever have a problem.
Barry:B
USN (Ret.)
20 GD Reflection 337RLS
07 GMC Sierra D/A CCSB, to many mods, Anderson Ultimate with B&W rollover ball gooseneck hitch, Torque Lift Stairs, 20 ft Flag Poll
15 Grand Cherokee Limited EcoDiesel
"Red" the little Bear Dog
12 Yanmar Sc2450