cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why do I keep blowing out tires on my truck?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
The last three sets of tires on my 2007 Ram 2500 have had one tire blow out. Always the same, passenger side rear. Have not weighed my trailer but specs are 7,000 dry, GVWR 10,500, pin weight 1,500. Probably closer to 1,800 to 2,000 lb pin weight. I tow with all tanks empty. I keep rear tires at 80 PSI checked before every trip.

First two sets were Michelin LTX MS and MS2. Third set was Yokahama YK-HTX. All blow outs occurred around 3-4 years with 25-30,000 miles on them. Tons of tread left. Have new set #4 on now, Michelin Defender LTS MS.

Why can't I get more than 3 years and 25,000 miles on my truck tires?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
83 REPLIES 83

blt2ski
I had a nice day driving to Portland and back to Seattle.......time for bed after I lock this from some yo yo's!
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Whatโ€™s the topic?

Reason itโ€™s not shutdown is because this Moderator gives us a nice leash as long as we donโ€™t resort to personal attacks.

And those werenโ€™t personal attacks on you and Grit :h

I am trying to bring the standards up by setting a good example. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Whatโ€™s the topic?

Reason itโ€™s not shutdown is because this Moderator gives us a nice leash as long as we donโ€™t resort to personal attacks.

And those werenโ€™t personal attacks on you and Grit :h

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whatโ€™s the topic?

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Okay, now it's pretty plain why the OP hasn't posted back.

And you wonder why they havenโ€™t shut this sh!t show down .

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
yeah one member has a agenda and resorts to trolling even changes his profile to bash other members.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yup, my fault or partly, tbh.
But the issue was pretty well vetted out and based on the age/mileage of the โ€œrepeatingโ€ condition heโ€™s observed, itโ€™s not likely that itโ€™s any specific issue with either the tire or the vehicle.
And since the Op didnโ€™t really offer anymore info early in the conversation he probably just did what any normal person would do. Buy a new tire or tires and move on with life.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay, now it's pretty plain why the OP hasn't posted back.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Devo_the_dog
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Devo if you really want to get rid of that pOs RAM now is the time to do so. Friends just bought a 19 Laramie with 12k long bed with a Companion hitch in the bed and it's a certified RAM and gets the 5/100 changed to 7/100 drivetrain. They paid 70k for it and that was a decent deal.

Thank you for memorializing your poor reading and comprehension skills. LOL. I won't call you stupid though. I wouldn't want to insult stupid people.
The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui, I understand why.

Devo_the_dog
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
PS, you did actually turn this into a Dodge/Ram bashing thing over some dude who had a few flat tires on a Dodge! ROFLMAO

No. You did.
I provided my opinion on a possible cause and nothing else. My post was only one word. I specifically left out any reference to a manufacture. Didn't mention the truck nor the tires.

You and 12V commented that my post was useless, even though I wasn't the only one who suggested it. And, you both were the first to bring up why I didn't make it a manufacture issue. Why? Doesn't matter. I didn't.

That's just how your brain works. LOL
The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui, I understand why.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
PS, you did actually turn this into a Dodge/Ram bashing thing over some dude who had a few flat tires on a Dodge! ROFLMAO

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Devo the dog wrote:

Yes. I own a Ford V10, other cars and still a Ram. The deals to buy a Ford don't exist yet. So, the Ram is parked and I'm negotiating selling prices. I've got time and am in no rush.

The only problem the two of you have is that I'm not a part of the dodge cult. If I kept the Ram, kept quiet and dealt with the FCA and dealership ****, you'd be singing a different tune. But, I'm not braindead and won't accept a bad product that won't be fixed by the manufacture. For some reason, that's a foreign thought process to the two of you. Braindead people don't surprise me at all. Bye-don idiots just exist.

You're too funny. And acting like a 15 year old, no, make that 12 year old, since my 15 year old even knows that constant name calling is childish, is just in poor taste.
The funny part is you know nothing about me or the vehicles we own, but your overwhelming anger or hatred or just plain insufferability wouldn't let you understand anything other than you're seeing through your blinders anyway. Currently in the stable is a Ram, a Dodge, a Chevy, a GMC, a Ford and an AMC (Jeep). So take your brand loyalty garbage somewhere else....
I've had a bad Dodge. A 2001 pickup went through 3 complete 3rd member assemblies in the first 2500 miles. Left me sitting on the side of the road, brand spankin new, twice, in 2 different states, with a trailer behind it, within the first month of ownership. The next 4 years and 125k miles was completely trouble free.
Unlike alot of people, I've either been responsible for, been assigned to drive, or owned hundreds of vehicles, mostly trucks. But it is a larger sample size than most folks and service from the dealer/mfg is not an absolute function of the brand. The 2001 Dodge ring gear eater, I was treated MORE than fair by 2 different dealers. Heck two of them rented me vans on their dime to get back on the road, and 1 of them gave me a 100k warranty for free and bought me a plane ticket to come back and get my truck once it was fixed.
I've had the aforementioned bad Dodge, 2 different F150s that were total lemons and 2 out of 6 2014 Silverados that had complete electrical freakout/meltdowns. Dunno what even the problem was. They were new, they were leased and I pulled them onto the back of winch truck and sent them back to town with a note to please replace them with 2 new trucks...
As far as personal diesel pickups go, 1 LB7 Dmax that was absolutely flawless for the 150k miles we had it. The old 07 Mega cab. Was not a perfect truck, but no inherent, repeating, debilitating issues, 180k miles with a hot tune and the guy I sold it to for too much money still loves it. Current 2016 Ram 85k miles, deleted and tuned since new and aside from the 68rfe that shifts like a dyslexic bag of c rap, its been super reliable.

Furthermore, your memory is horrible. You've been complaining and belittling everyone who responds to you on multiple forums and you apparently don't remember that I agreed that you have an apparent lemon and that I'd try to shove it up Stellantis' @ss sideways.

One question though, are you this bitter to your wife too, or just on the internet?

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Devo if you really want to get rid of that pOs RAM now is the time to do so. Friends just bought a 19 Laramie with 12k long bed with a Companion hitch in the bed and it's a certified RAM and gets the 5/100 changed to 7/100 drivetrain. They paid 70k for it and that was a decent deal. They traded in their Class C for a 34' Cougar and then needed a tow truck. Not the best time to buy either but that's the way it is!!!

OH, I convinced them to sell the China Bomb tires on the RV and install a set of ENDURANCE 235/80R16E for an out the door price of $787. They didn't like the odds of being left along the freeway in AZ on a 110 day.

That wasn't a bad deal at all, I traded in my 17 for a 20 3500 with 55k on it and paid about $59k out the door with an extended warranty. Don't know what dogs problem is, but my dealership is awesome and has taken care of me sometimes when they probably shouldn't have. Just bought my wife and Islander Unlimited there because of it and I hated her Challenger!
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Devo if you really want to get rid of that pOs RAM now is the time to do so. Friends just bought a 19 Laramie with 12k long bed with a Companion hitch in the bed and it's a certified RAM and gets the 5/100 changed to 7/100 drivetrain. They paid 70k for it and that was a decent deal. They traded in their Class C for a 34' Cougar and then needed a tow truck. Not the best time to buy either but that's the way it is!!!

OH, I convinced them to sell the China Bomb tires on the RV and install a set of ENDURANCE 235/80R16E for an out the door price of $787. They didn't like the odds of being left along the freeway in AZ on a 110 day.