Which one would you buy?

jo-e90
Explorer
Explorer
11 REPLIES 11

jo-e90
Explorer
Explorer
Are the prices too high.? What should I pay?
Any better TTs for the money?

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Based on the pictures, I like the Jay Feather and the flagstaf. Stay away fro the tiny tiny in wall AC units. X2 on the rubber roof comment - never again...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

minkos61
Explorer
Explorer
bradnailer wrote:
The thing I don't like about the first one is that you have to make the dinette out if you want a full sized bed. That would be a PIA to me.

X2 Plus it is single axle you get a flat you have to fix it right away, were as with the dual axle you get a flat you could limp it to a tire repair shop, or get it pulled over to a safe spot were you can change it out with your spare.

Ernie
2002 F350 Super Cab 4x4
2013 Starcraft Travel Star 274RKS
Weekend home to Ernie, Gisele and the fur bearing kids Mya & Bear.
Teddie & Lexi will always travel with us in our memories.

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
The thing I don't like about the first one is that you have to make the dinette out if you want a full sized bed. That would be a PIA to me.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go for the 15 if it meets your needs. It's smaller, so will be easier to tow, get in and out of tight spots, park (using back-to-back spaces) at malls and the like, and you might be able to get away with a tow vehicle that gets better gas mileage when NOT towing (it won't make much difference when towing).
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
jo-e90 wrote:
What about this flagstaff compared to the 22U?

raised panel cabinet doors look nice. shows a sink in bath, did the other one have that.
bumpy

jo-e90
Explorer
Explorer
What about this flagstaff compared to the 22U?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the 15 has a TPO roof. the 22 sort of looks like it has fiberglass paneling curving over the top???? neither one has much real information in the posts however. if one has a rubber roof I would pass myself.
bumpy

jo-e90
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first. Dont want a leaky camper. I do prefer the 22U over the hybrids. (ie 23B)
Are there any better TT's to consider other than the Jayco?

phenrichs
Explorer
Explorer
I think you would be happier with the Jayco because of a much better heat/AC system and a bit more room. Is this your first? We had a 2005 Jayco hybrid nearly identical to the 2004 you shared. The ducted heat and AC was awesome. The other one looks like it has a single window type cooling unit. I see they are both in MN around the Twin Cities. There should be a lot in that are. Check for local dealers.
2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what condition it is in...that is your first priority.
But, I don't need a bunk house and really recommend the 22 because it has a walk around bed.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro