cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which cover

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
As we prepare for the winter I am curious which brand cover people use? Elements or ADCO?

Much appreciated.
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
12 REPLIES 12

TimfmCT
Explorer
Explorer
retiredcamper2011 wrote:
After some research I chose the ADCO cover and used it last year for the first time and now I have winterized my trailer and just put the cover on it again 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. It looks nice, has zippers to access trailer if needed and many straps that go underneath as well as tightening straps at both the front and back end. If folded correctly for use, just lay in place on top of trailer and unfold over front, sides and back. My wife assists with a ladder while I am on the roof. Maybe 20 minutes. I would recommend it.

Hi,
We have a 5th wheel 2012 Cedar Creek 29RE. We would like to cover it for Florida summer weather. Our site is in a community that has year round residents. In consideration of the residents are there any covers that fit "snuggly" that follow the contours of the RV? I've seen covers that really are not very attractive.
Tim fm CT in our home sweet dome
2005 Tiffin 32BA workhorse GM 8.1
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
2005 HD Superglide

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
For the first time in many years our trailer will sit outside in the Michigan winter instead of making the trip down to Florida. I researched the Calmark cover but the cost was just too high for me to justify(around $950) so purchased an Adco and installed it yesterday.

I used air conditioning insulation tubes cut to fit for covering all possible areas of wear so am hoping it will survive for a few years. We do not cover it at all during the summer.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

retiredcamper20
Explorer
Explorer
After some research I chose the ADCO cover and used it last year for the first time and now I have winterized my trailer and just put the cover on it again 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. It looks nice, has zippers to access trailer if needed and many straps that go underneath as well as tightening straps at both the front and back end. If folded correctly for use, just lay in place on top of trailer and unfold over front, sides and back. My wife assists with a ladder while I am on the roof. Maybe 20 minutes. I would recommend it.

Reedga
Explorer
Explorer
I have had ADCO cover now, for 2 years.
We had a tear in the cover from a sharp area on the trailer.
ADCO sent a repair kit FOC.
They have very good follow up service.
When you call them you speak to a real human.
From my experience after the first year,when you cover your RV you have to take every precaution to insulate the cover from sharp or small protruding areas.
I use foam pipe insulation the full length of my rear ladder.
Where the ladder rungs protrude out from the ladder frame this is where I encountered wear a small tear at each step of the ladder. I use pipe insulation that accommodates 1 inch copper pipe. Fits nicely over the ladder.I hold it in place with a few zip ties. Also use this pipe insulation on the top side of the ladder where it goes over the roof.
ADCO includes small bags to fit over you gutter extensions. But I put a 7/8 inch rubber tip ( the ones used for chair legs, crutches)
over the drain extension . tape it in place them install the bag they provide.
Look over your RV for protrusions that could damage the cover and insulate the cover from them.
To get the cover to last these are some of the precautions needed.
To store the cover I purchased a large Rubber Maid tub with cover. Keeps it clean and safe from storage damage.
Yes it is extra work to do this but it protects your RV and when you uncover your RV it is clean and has no fading or weather damage.
G. Reed

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend ADCO. Read a lot of reviews on Amazon before buying one last year. They have been in business 60 years just making RV covers so they are doing something right! Have had it for 1 winter and performed well. Like the vents and double zippers that allow me to get into camper without removing. Has many straps underneath to secure and 2 on each end. For $250, I will be happy to get 3-4 years out of it but I assure you, they keep your camper looking new with no fading of finish and decals as well as keeping ice, rain and snow off it!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
calmark is the best, they also custom make them with things like zippers on either side of your slide.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I amsurprised to see positive posts on Adco. Ours had a small rip that spread the first year and it had alot of wind flap. We went to a large silver tarp with quart jugs to eliminate wind flap.We found a tarp surprsingly close to size and used it until we got the metal canopy. In short tarp is more cost effective and durable IHO
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I've used anAdco cover for four years now (putting it on this weekend for year 5) and it shows no sign of wear. Pad sharp edges, put the cover on snug and you'll have no problems. My trailer looks brand new, no fading of decals, oxidation. It takes me 20 minutes to put it on.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We had a custom fit ADCO and it lasted longer than the 10 Year old Prowler we had. We gave it to a neighbor and they are still using it. We bought another custom ADCO for our Open Range and after two years it's still looks like a brand new one. We store it in a large bin when it's not being used. It takes about 20-25 minutes to put it on and about 20 minutes to take it off and fold and store it.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts on this popular subject search this Forum in the TT section for `rv cover' where you will find my recommendation.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
My ADCO fell apart after four years. Never used the other one. I use a cover to keep the sun off my trailer.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
None! Lots of work to install and take off. Hard to store,and the cost/benefits ratio just does not pencil out.