cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my truck???

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I was bragging recently about my truck taking only 3 weeks to get built and its status was "shipped". Well, that was 4 weeks ago. Salesman is saying it could show up any day. He has been saying that for 2 weeks.
I'm leaving for a 3 week trip in 10 days. I'm good for pulling the 5th with the current truck, but still would like to use the new one. I need a day or 2 to run up 500 miles on it before towing though.
OK, rant over, carry on.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
34 REPLIES 34

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
After reading this I,m sorry I gave them my trade in when I ordered the new truck even though we won,t need it till July.
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.

run100
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
don,t you know sales people LIE?????

Truth is - - Everyone lies, practically non-stop . . . even when under oath. Really, it's quite sad.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

run100
Explorer
Explorer
When we ordered our first F350 in 2000, it arrived 10-months (yes, months) later, in 2001. Ford was saying the delays were due to V-10's being allocated to the Excursions, but who knows for sure.

Honestly, we didn't sweat it. Instead, we kept saving cash in anticipation of buying our first truck camper once the truck arrived.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ordered three Ford trucks. All arrived in 7 - 10 weeks.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
10-4
In the past I've been particular about break ins. As easy as possible the first 500 miles. On-off throttle to help the rings. No long cruise control trips.
My dealer is in a 1 red light town, country roads coming and going with 75mph speed limits. I'll be looking in the rear view mirror a lot.
I usually do a quick oil change...1,000 or 2,000 miles. Not sure if I will on this one.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Bedlam
TxGearhead wrote:
Cummins says load it up at and work it for good break in. The trans and rear end I'm not too sure about. If the truck does get here this week I'll put as many miles as possible on it.

Cummins is not going to cover your FCA, Aisin or AAM components - Ease into the heavy work after some break in and everything will last longer.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
finsruskw wrote:
IT will show up....
The day after you leave!!

^^What I'm thinking. Not a big deal if that's the case. I got the new 5th hitch in the truck this morning. PullRite Super Lite. That's a whole nuther story. Hitched up and took it for ride after I got a flat repaired.
The 5th hasn't been on the road since this time last year. We went to the spring Richmond NASCAR race and I developed an increasingly painful back. Had surgery in August. Feeling good and wanting to get back on the road.
Cummins says load it up at and work it for good break in. The trans and rear end I'm not too sure about. If the truck does get here this week I'll put as many miles as possible on it.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
IT will show up....
The day after you leave!!

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I totally agree with the break-in period. To me, the first miles you put on a vehicle are extremely important. You want to vary the rpm, don't lug the motor, thermally cycle the axle gears before you get out on the highway for a long trip, don't tow with a brand new truck, etc. But I admit to being a dinosaur and those things may no longer apply, but I'm still going to do them. 🙂
Wake Up America

Bedlam
Just plan on 6-8 weeks for a custom build. I agree that you should get 500-1000 miles on your truck before working it heavy. parts will just get meshed in better whether they are bearings inside races, gear teeth or any other metal to metal moving parts.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
And don't fret too much about getting those 500 miles before towing as motorhomes, box trucks, semis and buses never get that break-in period. If you get a couple hundred, you are good, just take it easy for the first 100 miles of towing. Besides, the cummins doesn't get broken in until about 200k.

It is not the engine but the axle that requires break in

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our F350 is scheduled to be built in Kentucky the week of 9 April. I'm hoping it makes it to the dealer by mid-May.
Wake Up America

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
I just saw it going east down I-10 , they driver could not find Texas ! It is in Jax Fl by now !

It hasn't made it to Jax yet. We are in Destin Fl, here on the panhandle and I just saw the truck hauler going past here, heading east! Hey, nice looking truck though.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I waited 8 weeks for mine. So then my transmission goes out in my vehicle I was driving at the time just a week before trade in time 😞