cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where have all the Everests Gone

WarrenS65
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I wait for my new Everest with ever decreasing patience, I'm looking at RV videos on YouTube.
As you would expect, I see tons and tons of Lance campers and home builts. I even see a bunch of Mammoth, Yukon, and smaller Host campers as well as Eagle Cap 1165 and 1200 models.
But I only see a very few Everest videos?

Are there that few of them? Are the owners just so busy using them that they don't have time to show them off? Are the owners afraid if they show them off, they'll make everyone else green with envy?

Help, help, help.
I'm desperate for some Everest entertainment.
2022 F450
2023 Host Everest
2021 Yamaha YXZ1000R
1987 Honda TRX250R
2002 Honda 400EX
2023 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
2018 Look 24' enclosed trailer
12 REPLIES 12

Bedlam
There is Host official manufacturer group on Facebook as well as an unofficial owner group. A new group just popped up recently for the Host Super C motorhomes although many members are also part of the two former groups.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

WarrenS65
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know. I don't do FB other than to contact retailers, manufacturers, ets..
2022 F450
2023 Host Everest
2021 Yamaha YXZ1000R
1987 Honda TRX250R
2002 Honda 400EX
2023 Yamaha Raptor 700SE

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a Host Facebook group or website like Lance owners have?
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

WarrenS65
Explorer II
Explorer II
mkirch: I like your word "nicheception".
Jim: I intend to make some videos when I get it and start going out, but I'll wait till I have several before posting any.
Barry: Way past ready.
2022 F450
2023 Host Everest
2021 Yamaha YXZ1000R
1987 Honda TRX250R
2002 Honda 400EX
2023 Yamaha Raptor 700SE

wjlapier
Explorer
Explorer
One I know of exist in SE Washington. We ordered ours back in Sept and picked it up about two weeks ago. We considered the Cascade but decided on the Everest mainly because we like all the windows and the โ€œrear livingโ€ floor plan similar to our Grand Design Imagine 2500RL.

We have a test trip planned this coming weekend then two weeks in Montana next month. Off and on trips to the St Joe river for fly fishing the rest of the year. Plenty of opportunities to be seen.
2019 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ DRW
2023 Host Everest

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Warren, I know by now you are past ready to get your camper. I was like you watching all the Host YouTube videos I could find. We are enjoying our Cascade and we have no regrets for the long wait. You will enjoy your Everest when you finally get it and the long wait will be a thing of the past. Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Bedlam
They exist in the wild but you have search for them instead them finding you.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Makes sense. Lance has/had the widest availability. Palomino is also widely available, and has the price point (they're CHEAP).

Host Everest is a niche model in a niche brand in a niche market. Nicheception.

Where'd they go? They never existed.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
jimh406 wrote:
I think they are all out camping.

Why not make your own videos? Seems like there is a market for them.

Fwiw, unless you are showing me the actual stats, there's no way I'd believe that Lance sells 50% of the truck campers. Maybe 20-25 years ago, but not now. I don't see very many Lance campers, and when I do, they are very old.

I would have to agree with you Jim. Although I see tons of them on the highways of central and southern Florida they are usually much older. As far as production I don't have a clue. With that said I do see Palomino's after lances in Florida. LOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS of class "A's" Everywhere and I'm not talking little ones I mean behemoths.

Bedlam
About 2-3 Host campers are produced a week, so it is not a high volume operation that fills the market (Lance still had the largest production numbers). Everest was a popular layout when I was looking at our Mammoth, but now the Yukon is in the mix which uses a hybrid layout of the two. Honestly, look at the other Host models to get ideas what yours will look like or what owners have done to personalize theirs.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think they are all out camping.

Why not make your own videos? Seems like there is a market for them.

Fwiw, unless you are showing me the actual stats, there's no way I'd believe that Lance sells 50% of the truck campers. Maybe 20-25 years ago, but not now. I don't see very many Lance campers, and when I do, they are very old.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
They aren't near as popular as you may think, very few dealers and expensive. Remember Lance probably sells over 50% of the truck camper market so they are everywhere. I see few other Wolf Creek campers on my travels' too, but I'm good with it knowing I own what I want for quality and design. You'll be enjoying your Everest soon enough.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded