cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you accidently turn your Truck Camper Fridge off

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Oh Joy, the Truck Camper Fridge Was somehow turned off and everything thawed, melted, smells sour, and is getting tossed, heading for that big garbage dump in the sky, ground, or whatever. Now performing cleanup on isle 3 with bleach wipes.
VIDEO
https://youtube.com/shorts/bDO8aXlwbJ4?feature=share
VIDEO
4 REPLIES 4

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Get one these and set a high temp alarm.

fridge temp monitor
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the OP is really wanting advise on how to get smell out of fridge. Back in the day, if a meat rail trailer was going to set we would scatter coffee on the floor.
We missed a package of sausage in our fridge for a month. Scrubbed repeatedly, then stored with charcoal inside. I don't know the smell is gone, but load up to go home, we clean the fridge and put the bag of charcoal inside

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
Our fridge is beside the entry door in our TT, if you brush against the fridge you could turn it off. Has happened many times but we have caught each time soon after, camping gods are watching over us (so far).
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Not in a truck camper but in one of the rigs we have owned.
My wife would regularly turn our fridge off by accident. The door had a very strong magnet and she would use her right hand to push while pulling with her left hand. It must have been a common problem for others as the manufacturer later installed a clear cover over the buttons.
Problem solved.