cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to climb thru it one more time, to make sure we are still good with our decision? They have sent me an e-document to sign, A Buyers Order. . Do I would to sign this and return in an e-mail? Or is this a document I should only sign after we have finished the final walk thru? My first time with a dealer. I wish not give them an up hand. Though I good with a level playing field. Do I sign or wait, until Delivery?
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
20 REPLIES 20

SqueakyBoot
Explorer
Explorer
WTW wrote:
We just agreed to a price on a Grand Design 2150RB. We have seen the TT once, this past Saturday. Today over e-mails we have come to an agreement on price. We gave them a $1000 on a CC fully refundable deposit to hold the unit. We wished go back to climb thru it one more time, to make sure we are still good with our decision? They have sent me an e-document to sign, A Buyers Order. . Do I would to sign this and return in an e-mail? Or is this a document I should only sign after we have finished the final walk thru? My first time with a dealer. I wish not give them an up hand. Though I good with a level playing field. Do I sign or wait, until Delivery?

This is the model I am considering (we are looking to buy towards the end of the year. Are you comfortable sharing the OTD price (or sending a message with it)? I'm trying to get an idea of what a good price is on one of these.

Thanks and enjoy!!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Charlie D. wrote:
Do not sign until ALL issues you may find are repaired. Yhe old "bring it back and we will fix it" usually results in scheduling 1-2 months down the road and possible delays after it is brought back. Amazing how they can fix issues quickly if a buyer refuses to sign until those issues are repaired.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
You loose all your power once you sign the final documents!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. Good to hear all is well.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, Glad all went well with your new home on wheels. Also there is a GD owners forum, jump on it too! ! !

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
Deal is complete. I am very happy with the dealer. Lazy Days in Tampa. Very relaxed and did everything and anything I asked for! They had no set agenda to control the setting or our time. As the saying goes. We are happy campers!
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
i agree with the signing after all is done, completed etc. right before you take it home. Please take some time, you mentioned you only saw it once. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE SOME TIME AND GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS AS IF YOU ARE LIVING IN IT, sit on the toilet, brushing your teeth,go to the fridge, get in and out of bed, watch tv etc, etc, etc. I missed some things on a unit a few years back and traded it in within a month of owning it. Good Luck & Be Safe !!!

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I special ordered my travel trailer at a dealership and also had a lot of upgrades added. I got a larger ac unit and fridge, a hot rod installed for electric hot water and special upholstery. I put 1,000 down and didn't sign any loan papers. When the travel trailer arrived at the dealership, I did the walkthrough. Then, I went to the bank and signed the loan papers authorizing them to pay the dealership and took delivery on the trailer.

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
"stock number" doesn't a mean a thing!
check and record the VIN number
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Remember, in general, RV dealers make car dealers look like choir boys.

By delivery, do you mean deliver the RV to you as in you're not driving there and picking it up?

They have their deposit or earnest money. Reckon, I'd wait until PDI, all repairs, etc are complete (you know since they don't repair sht UNTIL someone buys it, there's a reason for that btw).
Then cut the check, hand them a bag of money or finalize the loan with them, however you're paying for it, and sign any paperwork at that time.

You're doing well by being cautious and I'd continue to do so. I'd also be towing it home myself. Then you can make sure brakes etc work before leaving with it too.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Do not sign until ALL issues you may find are repaired. Yhe old "bring it back and we will fix it" usually results in scheduling 1-2 months down the road and possible delays after it is brought back. Amazing how they can fix issues quickly if a buyer refuses to sign until those issues are repaired.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
It was an OTD price and all lines add up proper! We even closed with the providing a hitch, equalizer. Think we did good. Now to just set up a delivery date and get thru the pre delivery done and done proper. So far a good experience. Fingers crossed.
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
If you feel you must sign, always write something with your sig like "pending final inspection by buyer".

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Is that an out the door price? You need to know the bottom line without any surprises.
Agree with others: Donโ€™t sign or agree to anything else until you have had a PDI and have spent more time in the unit.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've never signed for any RV before I did my walk thru. 3 different dealers and they all said sign after PDI. To me thats the sign of an upfront sorta honest dealer. Those that want you to pay before you finalize the walk thru are the dealers to stay away from.