cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What portable toilet has biggest seat and bowl?

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
What PortaPotti / Camco portable toilet (or similar) has the biggest seat and bowl?

I’d much prefer a manual one, not a battery operated pump such as the 550E Curve.

I dont want a WagBag or similar.

The Leopard Outdoor T-Type Three Directional Flush Portable Travel Toilet - 5.3 Gallon - is pretty well rated on Amazon, except some people complain that the bowl is too small. (a common complaint on reviews of various portable toilets)

We’ll need to move it from the truck camper out to a ‘toilet tent’ frequently, so easy to move around would be good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Mdavis0408
Explorer
Explorer
jeremy_kirby wrote:
LosAngeles wrote:
What PortaPotti / Camco portable toilet (or similar) has the biggest seat and bowl?

I’d much prefer a manual one, not a battery operated pump such as the 550E Curve.

I dont want a WagBag or ***Link Removed***similar.

The Leopard Outdoor T-Type Three Directional Flush Portable Travel Toilet - 5.3 Gallon - is pretty well rated on Amazon, except some people complain that the bowl is too small. (a common complaint on reviews of various portable toilets)

We’ll need to move it from the truck camper out to a ‘toilet tent’ frequently, so easy to move around would be good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nobody wants wag bags, so you made a right decision.
Unfortunately, I've never tried anything from Leopard Outdoor, but our camping toilet (from Sanitation equipment) has similar construction and for me it works quite well.
I'm not a small guy - 220 lbs - if this matters somehow and could help you.

jaycocreek wrote:
Here is a review of some porta-pottis that might help..***Link Removed***

Similar one is mentioned in this review, though ours is Visa, 248 - specs ***Link Removed***. The difference is in capacity - 248 is 18L, as 268 is 24L, and imo it's would be hard to move when it's almost full. Keep in mind that you might want to buy/make a bag (our came without one) for it so it'd be easier to store in your camper and carry around.
For us it's really a big plus that you can keep it in a "bath" tent - no odor, no stench and everything gross is stored securely until you clean it. And I need to mention that it's quite easy to empty and clean: I typically end up just emptying it at home when I return.

I actually got that Leopard Outdoor T-Type Three Directional Flush Portable Travel Toilet on Amazon and it has been very good to me.

I'd definitely buy it again.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a smaller one and built a platform for under it so it sits higher. I did not need a huge one as it is as much for emergencies as anything and did not want anything to heavy. I then used the boat anchor system (only a homemade version) to stop it from moving around when driving.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought porta-potty for my boat last year and 1 point I noticed in reviews is that when 2.5 gallons version is easier to carry to empty, it is also much lower, meaning less comfortable.
So I chose the 5 gallons model for the height, when emptying it 1/2 full is always an option.

jeremy_kirby
Explorer
Explorer
LosAngeles wrote:

I dont want a WagBag or similar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nobody wants wag bags, so you made a right decision.
Unfortunately, I've never tried anything from Leopard Outdoor, but our camping toilet (from Sanitation equipment) has similar construction and for me it works quite well.
I'm not a small guy - 220 lbs - if this matters somehow and could help you.

jaycocreek wrote:
Here is a review of some porta-pottis that might help..Porta Potti review

Similar one is mentioned in this review, though ours is Visa, 248 - specs here. The difference is in capacity - 248 is 18L, as 268 is 24L, and imo it's would be hard to move when it's almost full. Keep in mind that you might want to buy/make a bag (our came without one) for it so it'd be easier to store in your camper and carry around.
For us it's really a big plus that you can keep it in a "bath" tent - no odor, no stench and everything gross is stored securely until you clean it. And I need to mention that it's quite easy to empty and clean: I typically end up just emptying it at home when I return.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a review of some porta-pottis that might help..Porta Potti review

They sure have changed over the years..We actually have two on hand now..We use them a lot in the winter months snowmobiling or just getting away when the RV/TC is winterized..Never payed much attention to the seat size but the wife usually picks them out and uses them the most when were out..Us guys go outside like mountain men..lol
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04