cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you put in your beds...sheets?

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
:@What do you put in your beds...sheets or sleeping bags? I really would rather sleep on sheets with a blanket over them, but when we close up the bed....won't all that fall on the floor? Any suggestions how you keep the bedding on the bed, when the beds are closed would be very helpful. We just bought a HTT and need to figure out this stuff.

Thanks in advance.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!
26 REPLIES 26

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Fitted sheets on all the beds. then sleeping bag or comforter, depending on preference.
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT

Windwalker55
Explorer
Explorer
We just use king size fitted sheets. They work just fine.
2007 Kodiak 160 Hybrid
"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir
My Blog

Handyman_Xenabl
Explorer
Explorer
We have Walmart el cheapo fitted Queen sheets (other brands are too big and don't fit tightly enough for me). We have Queen size sleeping bags that open to comforters - these are stuffed inside duvet covers which are folded/rolled and stored on the dinette when not in use.

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
We use a fitted bottom sheet and a quilt. My husband is 84 years old and I am afraid he'd get tangled up in a sleeping bag.
BabaMartha

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Sheets and fleece blankets for the bunk end and bed, lightweight sleeping bad for the upper bunk.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

ryanb-72
Explorer
Explorer
when we travel we find we like to stay short periods at a few places. Using sleeping bags really speeds the process along. We have one of those two person bags that zip together it fits the bunk end perfectly and keeps us in check. You never wake up in the morning with your sheets pulled off of you.;)
2012 Jayco X17Z
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost 4x4
Kipor KGE 3000TI

gaylec
Explorer
Explorer
Queen sized sleeping bags. Roll them up and store in tub when traveling, beds fold up as normal.

I don't mind the feel of bags when camping, it sort of enhances the experience for me, and it's just so darned much easier to deal with than bedding.

JFHenne
Explorer
Explorer
On my Jayco Kiwi 23B the mattresses are two piece and are separated when folded up. Cannot keep bed made.

For this reason alone we are looking to trade for a regular trailer with a queen size bed.
The Hennes - John & Robin
Jayco Jay Feather 25Z

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
1rickw wrote:
We have been using a Travasak now for over 10 years. Here is a link from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Travasak-Evergreen-Microsuede-System-Comforter/dp/B008GPIA58/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks for this suggestion. This type of bedding really appeals to me.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
When we had our HTT, we used a memory foam topper, fitted sheet, then top sheet and blanket. We used the stretchy hooks that attached under the mattress. As long as the mattress stayed in place, the bed clothes stayed on. Worked for us for 3 years.

Sheet Keepers - this is what we used.

WOW...thanks for the suggestion on these 'sheet garders' as we call them. I have them on our beds at home and didn't even think about using them in the RV.

BTW...we have a king and queen bed in the RV. And when the beds were closed up..it looked like part of the mattress had to be taken off the bed frame part...and then placed in front of the other part of the mattress. How would sheets work with that? I guess we could fold the smaller mattress toward the larger mattress and then the sheets would be folded inside both mattress when we put the strap (that holds the mattress in place) over them?
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
We use sleeping bags. We unzip one entirely and lay it flat on top of the mattress. If it's cold, we lay a heated blanket on top of that. Then we either use blankets or a 2nd unrolled, unzipped sleeping bag as a blanket. When packing up, we just roll everything back up, stuff them in the closet, and ready to go.
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 3" memory foam, and then we bought two of the oversized sleeping bags (I think Coleman). They are not "slippery" they are soft and cottony. We zip them together, but then leave the sides unzipped and then blankets on top of that if we need them). I don't like the tucking in of regular sheets in the hybrid....

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
We use old fitted queen size sheets on our three bunk ends mainly to keep the bed mattress's clean from body oils. Use sheets or blankets during summer months and sleeping bags during fall and winter months. We leave the sheets on the mattress's when folding up the bunk ends and they stay there until we open them back up. Easy peezee nice and easy.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just use sleeping bags. Roll em out and ready to go. No muss no fuss. Roll em up and toss them in a closet when we pack up.