cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you do to your Camper Today?

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
After a good washing yesterday I got up early (while the camper is in the shade and the temp has not exceeded 100--yet) to put a good coat of Meguiar's Marine/RV one step Cleaner Wax on. I'm a huge fan of Aerospace 303 and use that in-between full waxes. I think it has made a huge difference in keeping the gel coat shiny.

Here's a pic of my nose cap half waxed and half not waxed. Where its parked during non-use the Nose Cap and roof gets the most sunlight.

I was pleased with the contamination that came off the gel coat. I still have some strong bug marks but overall it looks great - all finished and polished! The decals are showing their age! In the heat of the hot summers I get small ripples at the top of the cap. Anyone seen that before?

2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.
336 REPLIES 336

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:
Sold it and bought a fifth wheel!

Good thing you got a 2008 Heartland, that was the last year they were an independent and before their quality went to total poop after Thor took them over.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I used it. 😉
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sold it and bought a fifth wheel!

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
The link only showed a picture without a description of the item on my IPad..lol..Should have known but didn't..thanks..

Still trying to do something with the inside wiring to two different batteries in my TC..

Lol
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
jaycocreek wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
got this installed.

took a whopping 35 min from start to finish.

Steve

Umm,what is it?

LOL

the link not working? its a new door window with the built in shade...
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
jaycocreek wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
got this installed.

Steve

Umm,what is it?

LOL

Its an integral shade kit for a RV door window.

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the last few days:

• Completed installation of corner trim and ceiling trim in everywhere but the cabover
  • Installed the middle wire shelf in the over dinette cabinets and made support pieces to hold it up (its narrower than the depth of the cabinet)
  • Finished installing the maple cabinet face frames for all cabinets but the cabover cabinet (Still has some construction work to do)
  • Installed about 50% of the corner molding
  • Installed the new rubber roof cover on the snap-n-nap so that its fully sealed again and caulked the edges of all the screw strips that seal it to the camper
  • Installed the new maple face board on the Fridge, replacing the original fake oak panel that came from Mr. KIT.
  • Made the first of the new birch plywood drawer boxes for the kitchen drawers
  • Purchases the birch wainscotting for the lower dinette surround
  • Cut the maple cap piece of the short wall by the dinette and fridge and demarkated on it where to route in the recess
  • Installed the Trojan J185h-ac 12 volt deepcycle to complete the battery bank and made the negative battery cable for it.

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
got this installed.

Steve

Umm,what is it?

LOL
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
got this installed.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek
NICE
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Finally added solar and a controller to my house battery,my last remaining fresh AGM.A group 24 90ah battery with its own solar controller now..

Only had enough cable to mount it here rather than where the rest of my solar stuff is mounted...Still have to tidy up the wiring before I'm done..lol

The last of the flooded batteries in my arsenal.....
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
timdan95: Nice! I've got a measly 225w, but it's good enough for me. Sure love the bluetooth in my Victron. 🙂
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
De-winterized it
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
added 2- 195 watt solar panels in series mounted on the roof rack via strut, added a 100 watt panel in series with the existing 100 watt factory panel, tied both series panel strings in parallel, installed a Victron 100/50 MPPT solar charge controller. put a 30 amp breaker between the solar panels and the Victron charge controller, ran new 6 gauge wire between the charge controller and batteries, installed a 50 amp breaker between the batteries and the charge controller.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph...I have two of the old trucker Wilson 50 dbm boosters..I was going to parralel them but gave up..One does quite well,,,The antenna used is very important..I have Yagi for when parked for long times and a small magnetic for other times..

Nice setup
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04