cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Pump Help shurflo

augustpilot
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Rockwood with shurflo pump. Worked fine a week ago. Tried to use tonight . Turned on but did not pump, so did not make much noise. Water in tank, pump is connected with electric, filter is clean on pump. Took hose off inlet, put finger over pump inlet but felt no suction. Never had a problem with it before. It is 1 and 1half year old. Thanks for any help.
Jim
2017 Rockwood 2906WS Ultra Light
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. 4x4
Firestone Air Lift 1000, Equalizer Hitch
12 REPLIES 12

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Our shurflo started having what I though was low pressure, then occasionally wouldn't start pumping till the pressure was real low. Did a little troubleshooting and found the pressure switch was very intermittent. cheap solution.... pressure switches are inexpensive and easy to replace. Put the new one in and all better.

Testing the old switch verified it was NOT closing till pressure was real low.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry a spare pump, just so I have one on hand in the middle of nowhere, but that's me because I've been burned without a backup water pump already, 20 miles into the woods.
When I have a problem, i just swap them and if possible clean the old one or replace it with a new one if necessary.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I would, make sure the pump is running, open a faucet and prime the pump.

It is easy for me since my pump is easy to access.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Most common issues are sucking air due to low water level, winterizing valve open, or broken intake line.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
If it's running, then a disassembly and cleaning should do the trick.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jolvi
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Buy a new one. They are cheap.

Not sure if that is correct answer, you know that are fused,have wire connection. OP stated not able to hear it run so shouldn't there be a procedure? If you went outside tried to start your vehicle and it would not start would you not go thru a procedure to find out why or just go buy a new one.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Check the filter screen on the inlet side of the pump. I had the exact same issue and discovered that my filter screen got plugged with plastic shavings - apparently leftover from when they drilled original holes in the FW tank.
Kevin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
westend wrote:
You could try disassembling the pump, cleaning all the parts and reassembling. These small diaphragm pumps are real susceptible to any debris inside.

A good experiment is to route the pump's inlet into a container of water held up above the inlet location. Open a faucet and see if the pump will draw the water from the container.

X2.
If it's running but not pumping, this will usually fix it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Make sure your fill valve is in the correct position if equipped.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
You did have a faucet open ...correct?

Pump is an 'on demand' and only runs when downstream pressure drops

If faucet was open and no water flow:
*Pump pressure switch stuck in open position
*In-line fuse to pump motor bad
*Main fuse for water pump bad
OR if pump uses a 'controller' (has multiple switches to start pump) the controller fuse or ground is bad
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Buy a new one. They are cheap.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You could try disassembling the pump, cleaning all the parts and reassembling. These small diaphragm pumps are real susceptible to any debris inside.

A good experiment is to route the pump's inlet into a container of water held up above the inlet location. Open a faucet and see if the pump will draw the water from the container.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton