cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vogel state park

Mukk34
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have to drive on steep roads to get to Vogel state park from Florida ? We don`t like pullin rig on dangerous roads..
7 REPLIES 7

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
If you use US-19/129 up from the south you will encounter significant grades crossing Blood Mountain just south of the park. Better would be I-575/GA-515 north out of Marietta GA, and US-19 south from Blairsville.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Scottiemom wrote:
The Eastern Mountain Directory does not list Georgia. Sorry.

Dale

:R

That covers typical "mountain passes" and "steep grades" for truckers and RVs on typical routes they may take..

Just because GA is not "listed" doesn't mean that all roads in GA (or any roads any where) are "passable" in size or grade for a large RV.

I remember more than once my Dad taking a road to a supposed to go to a campground and end up on a small cow path with no where to turn around and driving for quite a few miles to find a place to turn around.. Even had to backup several miles once at night..

For the few major ones listed in that book, there are tens of thousands of small obscure roads that are not, so I really do not blame the OP for asking.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
The Eastern Mountain Directory does not list Georgia. Sorry.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

nasty_rabbit
Explorer
Explorer
If you have never been to the North Georgia Mountains, please realize that they are truly the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains. They are not too bad to travel and the Vogel area isn't as difficult as some other areas I can think of. Being from Central Florida though, it may appear overwhelming but very possible to navigate. Vogel has access to the Appalachian Trail and is a very kid friendly park. If you enjoy Vogel, there is another park a little east of there called Unicoi near Hellen Ga. The town is modeled after a German Village that's worth a look. The whole area is great for fall leaf watching but this time of year also bring a lot of people. Hope you have fun.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
The eastern mountain directory would prolly give you that info. I can look later. I think mine is out in the moho.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can also use bike mode to see the elevation profile (max 3k feet and nothing too steep in this case) and street view to check out any sharper turns (looked not at all scary to me).
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't know.

But you can use Google Maps and choose satellite view which allows you to view satellite photos. You can zoom in well enough to see outlines of vehicles..

Guessing you are asking about Vogel State park in GA?

HERE is Google maps for that..

Click For Full-Size Image.

Max zoom detail below..

Click For Full-Size Image.

Using the zoom feature you can easily follow the roads to see if there is any switchbacks, tight turns or narrow roads.