cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used Nash TT 22H model, any good? What's it worth and...

synergy_58
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to buy a TT, a used 2005 Nash 22 H. I have not owned or pulled anything of this size in over 30 years. The owner says the dry weight is 3800, but I've read 4150 lbs; not certain as I can't find the specs.

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra, TRD, 4x4, access cab, with a fiberglass topper. It has a max towing capacity listed at 6900 lbs. And, it has heavier shocks and springs for better load capacity, about another 500 lbs over manufacture build.

Info: The TT has the smooth sides, not the aluminum style sides. Most that I have looked at have the aluminum. It has two axles, with four new tires. Aside from this, it looks like many other used Nash 22' TT's I've looked at. It has been cared for, stored under cover, no damage or rust, the interior in good shape with a few blemishes of normal wear and tear. It has a TV installed in the corner where the bed is located. No radio. Two propane tanks in good condition, and a newer battery. All systems work. All original appliances.

1. I can not find the specs for this TT. I have no idea how well, or not, it's built and what the weights are. I've read on RV.Net that Nash trailers are good TT's, but I really don't know much about them.

2. I don't know what is good or bad for pricing, in this market, and I know pricing is subjective, but some thoughts on the asking price of $7800 would be good to hear.

3. What should I check on this TT, any inherent issues with a Nash build?

4. Any thoughts on towing this model behind my truck? Will this be a safe and practical set up?

I do not yet have a brake controller or a distribution hitch. I need recommendations for these.
I will have to drive it home under standard towing set up, about 60 miles in fast moving, heavy traffic, mostly level with a few small hills, to get it home. Once home it will sit until I can get it cleaned up and set up the way my wife and I want it. I will then install a brake controller and buy a distribution hitch.

Thanks for any advise and recommendations.
[img/Users/Frank/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/Originals/2014/Apr 2, 2014/2009_1306_Nav_BlueMoon.jpg[img]
15 REPLIES 15

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google is your friend. My personal opoinion is that the trailer is to much for your truck. You are limited to payload based on the yellow sticker on the door regardless of what you change. The GVWR of this trailer is 7000 lbs. which will give you a tongue weight of between 700 and 1050 lbs.

https://northwoodmfg.com/wp-content/uploads/N-22H.pdf
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler